Re: Pathetic VR performance. Game state is a shameful pile.

by DigitalHaxxor

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Ye, setting the resolution to 100% on SteamVR improves the performance, but the hitching every few seconds is still there.

Message 11 of 15 (354 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Tried every fix, from v sync and extra VR frames in Nvidia control panel, to in game options, to oculus tray tool, NOTHING works, game is a stuttering mess after a few minutes of play, having to reset all VR options in the middle of the game to make it go away and a few minutes later the stutter returns... Fix this *.

Message 12 of 15 (328 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@narkohol I'm in the exact same boat. People keep telling me that it's a known issue, and that the refresh is locked at 60fps. It's like they don't hear the part where I'm telling them that I'm only getting around 35 fps, and that is with the graphics set to low and 1080 resolution per eye.

This is not mentioned in EA's list of known issues. I'm trying to figure out if it is only the Oculus Quest 2 having issues? Or perhaps all Oculus products? With the metric tool, it appears my fps is 72, but it definitely isn't. It's a choppy stuttery mess. I'd like to know if other VR users are able to get a legit 60 fps? If so, which headset, and which platform is the game running under (Origin or Steam).
Message 13 of 15 (285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

It's intermittent performance issue we are experiencing and EA hasn't acknowledge it yet. The game runs like a thick glass of poo for me on a GTX 1080 (Quest), my friend has a GTX 1070 and says it runs like water (Quest 2). He has an older PC, older drivers, older OS install, the poo-works, and it runs better for him. No explanation as to why. It does seems to affect Oculus more than others, but I have yet to see any headset that just works for everyone. I think the game is just not made well. Every other VR game and VR-supported game just works for me.

P.S. We are both on Steam.

Message 14 of 15 (182 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure if my posts are going through (my first posts) but this game doesn't work for me either. It's the same thing, and EA makes no mention of the issues were having.

Message 15 of 15 (182 Views)