Re: Patch 1.2 - "Slow internet connection, this might affect your gameplay&

by rebuiltHK47

Original Post

Re: Constant Connectivity Warning

★★★ Apprentice

I'm also from Russia, having the same s..t. Cant select proper ping site, game always connects me to US Virginia server, bad ping. However few months ago everything was fine. I have 100mbs optical connection. About 70-90ms to german ping site, however i connect to Virginia(

Message 81 of 89 (2,624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I wanted to add to this thread that I am experiencing the same problem. I started a thread about it, but wanted to post here as well.

I have great internet speed. I have a hard wired connection directly from my network box and over 500 mbps dl speed. I only have issues with this game. I get the picture with the bars and the statement about slow internet connection may affect my game play. my avatar rubber bands, freezes, matches crash to main menu, etc.

what is the issue? i know it is not my internet.

Message 82 of 89 (2,612 Views)

Re: Constant Connectivity Warning

★ Guide
Thank you @mysweetescape13 ! I've been saying this for a few months. EA constantly blames my internet and not their servers.
Message 83 of 89 (2,578 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Today it's been lots of 5k and 10k ms. The last week has been mostly the same. It's only in this game.

Here's the fun part. We're not connecting to our selected server like we should be. We're being routed through a California IP of 159.153.38.49. Check it for yourself. Open the game, sit in the main menu, open Windows Resource Monitor, go to the Network tab, select "starwarsbattlefrontii.exe" in the "Processes with Network Activity" section, then under "TCP Connections" the top item in the list will show what IP you are connected to under "Remote Address". If you are connecting to 159.153.38.49 and your game is set to a server somewhere not in Calif, that is why you are lagging.

This needs to be dealt with immediately. I don't care if it's the actual game server, or what we're being routed through. It's bad for the customer, it's bad for business, it's bad I.T. work.

Message 84 of 89 (2,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same issue here since the last patch, before that patch I never had a single issue with connectivity or lag spikes in the game. Now I can't play any at all hardly without just locking up in the game for a second or two at a time every couple of minutes.

Message 85 of 89 (2,460 Views)

★★ Guide

Ever since this patch, I keep getting connected to ping sites like UK, US, Germany etc. I usually play with ping site Singapore (66 to 90 ping). But it automatically switches to some other ping site and I get over 300 ping. Every time I switch back to Singapore, it switches back itself to high ping sites. This is annoying and I have no idea why this is happening.

Message 86 of 89 (2,415 Views)

★ Novice

Apparently they know nothing 🤔🤣

Message 87 of 89 (2,279 Views)

★ Novice

Got an amazing reply - strangely was asked to reboot my router lol - yeah cus I’ve never tried that!!! OMG 🤯

Message 88 of 89 (2,273 Views)

★ Novice

Fixed the problem no thanks to the people here, apparently if you turn on "Share usage data" in the EA account settings, it will give you MASSIVE network lag, so turn it off.

Message 89 of 89 (2,139 Views)