Password reset will not work, cant get hold of anyone!

by BreadKittyNyan

Original Post

Password reset will not work, cant get hold of anyone!

★★★ Newbie

I can't log in to my origin account despite using the correct Username and password, the reset password feature doesn't work despite requesting SO MANY times. Can't get hold of any advisers as they never seem to be available to chat with. I'm genuinely stuck.

Message 1 of 4 (516 Views)

Re: Password reset will not work, cant get hold of anyone!

★★ Guide

@BreadKittyNyan Be aware that the password for SWTOR will be the same as in Origin if both accounts are linked but the Username is different. SWTOR uses a display name login which is unique for SWTOR. You cannot login with your Origin ID or reset the password with your Origin ID on the swtor.com website (in theory it would work if both are the exact same). 

Try to recover your SWTOR display name with your email on the SWTOR website (or check older emails from SWTOR). If you cannot remember your SWTOR account details reach out to the SWTOR Support team (Not sure if the EA support can help you locate your SWTOR account).  

Message 2 of 4 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You could always try calling them.

Message 3 of 4 (445 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@BreadKittyNyan  If you're submitting in-game tickets and attempting to live chat with customer support, they'll be unable to assist with anything to do with account security. As @Vaxalium suggested, you'll need to call if you're unable to log in and the usual troubleshooting steps aren't working.

Message 4 of 4 (427 Views)