Re: Password Issues

by proxos666

Original Post

Password Issues

★★★ Newbie

My issue is that I'm returning after a while without playing, I've forgotten my password, and no longer have the phone with my security key. I've made the call to get the security key removed, but they said I don't have an account attributed to my email. Despite them telling me this, when I did a display name recovery, an email was sent to me with an account that was supposedly still attributed to my email. So as of right now I'm just confused. I'm thinking that maybe they heard my email incorrectly when I was reading it out to them, but I came here before calling back to see if anyone else had some words of wisdom to give.

Message 1 of 4 (361 Views)

@Chriml

Cant offer much more at present then to try again in case as you mention it is a misunderstanding.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 4 (350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I called them again and the second person I talked to explained the situation a lot better. They said that my display name does indeed exist, however there is an issue with the ea and/or origin account that it is attributed to, and they told me to talk to ea about it to see if they can recover the account supposedly attributed to the email. My new issue with this is that ea's contact us page has you choose a game you're having issues with, and if I point out swtor as the game, it just tells me to go here, or to use the phone number to call them again. It doesn't give me a way to actually talk to someone from ea

Message 3 of 4 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Chriml

See this help guide link  it should help, if need it leads to this help guide link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 4 (319 Views)