Part

by P290DarkSpear

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Part

★ Novice

Hi, I have just downloaded apex legends on my ps4 after a few months of not playing and I notice it kept on giving me errors with connectivity to ea services and it was saying party member preloading every time I wanted to play a game with and without my friends I was wondering if anyone could help with that, thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (390 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Part

Community Manager

@P290DarkSpear 

Thanks for following up!

Can we also try updating the DNS on your PlayStation to see if that helps? I've seen some cases where that can make a difference as well. You can change the DNS using the following steps: 

1. Open the PS4 Settings and go to Network 
  2. Select Set Up Internet Connection 
  3. Choose Wi-Fi or LAN Cable depending on how your console is connected to the internet 
  4. Select Custom 
  5. Choose Automatic under IP Address Settings 
  6. Choose Do Not Specify under DHCP Host Name 
  7. Select Manual under DNS Settings 
  8. Enter 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but if there's a different DNS you would rather use instead that's OK as well.  
  9. Select Next 
  10. Choose Automatic under MTU Settings 
  11. Select Do Not Use under Proxy Server 
  12. Select Test Internet Connection to confirm the changes and make sure you can connect. 

Let me know if you're still having the same issues after that. Thanks!

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (337 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @P290DarkSpear

Let's try running through some troubleshooting to see if we can help with the connection errors you've been seeing. 

When you have the chance I'd recommend starting with the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps from the EA Help website. If you're still having any trouble after that check out the PlayStation-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how that goes when you've had the chance to give it a try. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (366 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried the connectivity and opened as a open bar type to help with it it seems to help a little bit it still does it when I play with friends but it is manageable by returning to main menu and loading back in.

Message 3 of 6 (357 Views)

Community Manager

@P290DarkSpear 

Thanks for following up!

Can we also try updating the DNS on your PlayStation to see if that helps? I've seen some cases where that can make a difference as well. You can change the DNS using the following steps: 

1. Open the PS4 Settings and go to Network 
  2. Select Set Up Internet Connection 
  3. Choose Wi-Fi or LAN Cable depending on how your console is connected to the internet 
  4. Select Custom 
  5. Choose Automatic under IP Address Settings 
  6. Choose Do Not Specify under DHCP Host Name 
  7. Select Manual under DNS Settings 
  8. Enter 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but if there's a different DNS you would rather use instead that's OK as well.  
  9. Select Next 
  10. Choose Automatic under MTU Settings 
  11. Select Do Not Use under Proxy Server 
  12. Select Test Internet Connection to confirm the changes and make sure you can connect. 

Let me know if you're still having the same issues after that. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (338 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent It worked now I can play more games without preloading thanks for the help!
Message 5 of 6 (329 Views)

Community Manager

@P290DarkSpear 

Nice, that's good to hear! Thanks for following up and letting me know. Thumbs up

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (254 Views)