Packet loss?

by RealSavvyg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Packet loss?

★★★ Newbie

Getting packet loss multiple times a game. My game stops receiving data for 5-10 seconds. Happens a few times in some games.

Running and watching CMD pinging google, not seeing any packet loss.

Although I think I do also get lag out of discord sometimes (but not always)

I have pretty good up and down speeds.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Packet loss?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Funny enough my Mobo does have killer ethernet e2500.

It seems to cause me a lot of problems previously, and now as well.

I did update the drivers last night and it may have helped, but my kids went to bed so maybe less connections helped.

(we have good speeds though and it shouldn't have been an issue. They were just watching netflix)

I'll play some more later today and let let you guys know if it helped.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (415 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Lots of us are having the same issue (including the Discord part), though none of us have a solution as of yet. It's presumed to be a routing or networking issue somewhere closer to the Apex end, but we've had no official response to even acknowledge the problem.

The one guy who claims to have had no problems in the last post of this thread recommends replacing your NIC if you have a Killer Netowrks card, though that seems excessive given that it works with every other game:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Lag-spikes-every-game/m-p/7441284#M5700

[EDIT] Though I will say if you do have Killer Ethernet in your system and are running Windows 10, he's not specifically wrong about there being an update in April of 2018 that screwed it up major. It may still be worth uninstalling the Killer Networking software on your system and installing the new 2019 drivers.

Message 2 of 3 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Funny enough my Mobo does have killer ethernet e2500.

It seems to cause me a lot of problems previously, and now as well.

I did update the drivers last night and it may have helped, but my kids went to bed so maybe less connections helped.

(we have good speeds though and it shouldn't have been an issue. They were just watching netflix)

I'll play some more later today and let let you guys know if it helped.

Message 3 of 3 (416 Views)