Packet loss every other game and disconnection from server after ending a game.

by Alejololer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Packet loss every other game and disconnection from server after ending a game.

★★★★★ Newbie

Already ran through the connection troubleshooting guide with no effects. 

Basically, sometimes the game will run fine, ping under 100 and 0 packet loss, and most other times the game will become unplayable, 160 ping and 30 packet loss, plus the fact that after finishing a match, the connecting to lobby message will stay there for like 5 minutes and then send me back to title screen with the message: "Excessive packet loss detected by anticheat". This has made my game basically unplayable. Note that I don't really experience packet loss in any other game. I've already tried reinstalling the game and it didn't work. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,616 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Packet loss every other game and disconnection from server after ending a ga

Community Manager

Hey @Alejololer Can you try going through the following steps to see if the connection improves?

• Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,604 Views)

All Replies

Re: Packet loss every other game and disconnection from server after ending a ga

Community Manager

Hey @Alejololer Can you try going through the following steps to see if the connection improves?

• Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 3 (1,605 Views)

★★ Novice

Have you found a fix for this yet from South Africa and sitting with the same problem since season 12 dropped 9 out of 10 games i have 50+ packet loss and can't load out of games.

Message 3 of 3 (1,427 Views)