Re: Packet loss and high latency

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Packet loss and high latency

★★★★ Novice

Hi

Getting packet loss and high latency about every 5th game for a month now, not sure if my isp or server issue. I'm too afraid to go ranked matches because of these unplayable games.

I run that UOtrace program and I attached 2 txt file.

Can someone tell me should I speak to my isp?

Message 1 of 6 (359 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Kapya_st what platform are you on. Is it always every 5th game?

/Atic
Message 2 of 6 (311 Views)

★★★★ Novice

HI @EA_Atic 

thanks for your reply.

pc i7 7700k/gtx 1080/ 16gb ram/ 

internet 300mbps down/85 up

I'm on PC steam/origin mostly on steam. I noticed more loading time on steam on the loading screen when says click to continue before I can go to menu.

It's hard to say, randomly put me in a lobby with either high latency or packet loss ( when packet loss occurs high latency too) but really different from day to day sometimes 1 out of 10 games sometimes more or even 2-3 games in a row mostly peak times.

I don't really understand how networking works, that's why I asked if someone can read that text and tell me where is the problem and if the problem is with my connection I can talk to my isp and they can probably do something.

Message 3 of 6 (278 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Kapya_st before going into the main menu where you can choose what server to join. How are the stats looking there for you?

/Atic
Message 4 of 6 (231 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic  the servers looking okay. belgium, amsterdam frankfurt london from 31 - 40ms 0% packet loss

Message 5 of 6 (199 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Kapya_st how is the rest of Europe servers looking for you?

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (189 Views)