Re: Packet loss and congestion

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Packet loss and congestion

★★ Novice

Every time I start a match in apex the congestion and packet loss signs keep on appearing and making me lag, is there anything I can do about this ?

Message 1 of 35 (1,603 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @HybridZWolf.

What system are you playing on?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 35 (1,564 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m playing on Xbox one

Message 3 of 35 (1,553 Views)

Community Manager

@HybridZWolf 

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 35 (1,514 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's happening to everyone. It's been widely reported in Reddit and here also, but it seems EA doesn't acknoledge it.

Message 5 of 35 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Asran_Stark 

We're not aware of this happening to everyone that is playing. For now, we need to go through individual troubleshooting as the majority of players aren't experiencing lag.

What system are you playing on? Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 35 (1,494 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo I’m playing on Xbox one X, wired. Game worked perfectly before the Season 4 patch. There are several post about this issue on the front page. Also in Reddit it’s been widely reported. Come on, it’s a seriuos issue.

Message 7 of 35 (1,489 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Asran_Stark 

Try clearing your alternate mac address with these steps:

Go to your Xbox One Settings (Just press Start, then click Settings)
Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

Let me know if that helps or not.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 35 (1,481 Views)

★★ Novice

I recycled and cleared the MAC address and it did get rid of most of the lag but there are a good amount of lag spikes

Message 9 of 35 (1,474 Views)

Community Manager

@HybridZWolf 

Great. At least there's some progress. Next, try updating your DNS servers. From the Xbox One home screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 35 (1,471 Views)