Packet loss (3 red squares) Randomly.

by Hiltze

Original Post

Packet loss (3 red squares) Randomly.

★★★ Novice

Hello

Normally the game goes pretty well in terms of lag. But sometimes, randomly, the match will have this 3 red squares top right and the game will be unplayable. No matter if i leave the game, restart and reconnect. It will remain the same for the duration of that match. When the match is over it will stay in "returning to lobby" forever. I have ports open, no wifi, all seems fine as this only happends once every few matches. Also it doesn't matter the server that i use. It happend all the same. Any way to fix this please?.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 16 (2,248 Views)

Re: Packet loss (3 red squares) Randomly.

Community Manager

Hi @Hiltze

Can we try running through some troubleshooting to see if we can help out with the packet loss you've been seeing? A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. 

If it keeps happening after that check out the platform-specific steps as well: 

- PC

- Xbox One

- PlayStation 4

Let me know if you're still running into the same issues after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 16 (2,200 Views)

★★ Guide
@Hiltze its a game problem its been happening since season 5 but became a bit more common since season 6. just need to wait till it gets patched, alt-f4 ftw
Message 3 of 16 (2,187 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here all these week, high ping, packet loss, congestion, wtf.

Message 4 of 16 (2,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem as well. It's so frustating because we can't do anything with that issue. I'm sure this isn't problem from my side because my connection is good and I don't have any problems in others online games. The issue is so randomly and the gameplay looks like a slideshow and it's unplayable. One game is normal, next is with the issue. I hope You will fix that because I really enjoy playing your game but this problem is so frustating that I often close the game and start to play another online game.

Message 5 of 16 (2,152 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the asnwers. 

I though it was not my fault aswel, but i been watching streamers like ShivFPS  (who play in EU) and it don't happend to them. So idk what to think.

Message 6 of 16 (2,117 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Apex have literally the WORST F**CKING SERVERS in the game industry. I haven't seen such a s**tshow in any other online gaming.

Constant packet loss issues while having f***cking 500mb/s internet. 

And for those who have this problem with random packet loss games I have fanstastic solution.
Open control panel, go from there to Programs and features, find Apex Legends and UNINSTALL THIS PIECE OF S**T GAME.

Message 7 of 16 (2,100 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Kent  

First of all thanks for the asnwer.

I did try all the steps you linked before posting. Thing is the game goes well overall, but randomly one game will be unplayable just for me (since other players will be fine). The problem persist even if i restart whole computer and router. But only during that match, when the match is over the game will stay forever on "returning to loby". At this point i have to kill the process. 

Thanks in advance

Message 8 of 16 (2,087 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@sebastianedek Same here, I switched to another games when this Happens to me, I play from Chile South America and is ALWAYS like this, if want to play I have to do it Around 4:00 AM, so no, hope they fix this, i like the game but Im starting to hate it.
Message 9 of 16 (2,086 Views)

★★★ Novice

PC platform based in Malaysia, SEA. I am suffering the same thing continuously  for the 4th day. It was shown that nearest server to my region having 0% packet loss while ping at 14-17ms (SG servers) which is the fastest. Trying other servers eg. HK, TW, JP still the same. Even by connecting to the fastest server I am suffering packet loss entirely, no matter in rank or normal trios. Applied to both maps King's Canyon and World's Edge. Running on wired (LAN cable) with fibre optic at 100mbps download. Speedtest was flawless, showing average of 90+mbps download. I've tried troubleshooting with the representatives from EA. It does not helps, tried multiple ways eg. changing DNS, disabling all in game Origin, deleting cache & Origin folder, reinstalling the game, repairing the game, showing them UOTrace which connecting to United States server, talking to my local network provider rebooting everything which all concludes at no help. It is unbearable whereas gaming in competitive FPS. Audio and firing are not registered even while looting, seeing players bouncing back here and there, everyone is in matrix form. Kindly advise further.

Message 10 of 16 (2,060 Views)