Best Regards,

Message 11 of 15 (415 Views)

Re: Packet Loss

★★★★ Novice

so now the 2% packet loss is back sometimes its even worst and gets to 25%

Message 12 of 15 (360 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have been able to confirm my hypothesis by (no advertisment) trialing ExitLag's services.

It provides different routing paths for a selection of games.
When enabled, I still haven't been noticing packet loss when playing Apex. Thus meaning that the default routing paths towards EA (and by that i mean routing done by my ISP) are faulty.
That means that even though i have an overall really good internet experience, gigantic bandwidth, and good ping, i still have to subscribe to services to be able to play Apex...........

BR

Message 13 of 15 (328 Views)

★★★ Novice

Something to try: there was a discord option that seemed to be lagging me out sometimes. I didn't have to be in any voice channels on discord for this to happen.

Specifically it was the "quality of service high packet priority" option in discord settings causing this issue. I just played about 10 games in a row without a problem.

Best of luck.

Message 14 of 15 (293 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,
I've been diagnosing and troubleshooting more, cause i've talked too fast and ExitLag didnt resolve my issues.

Though i think i've come out with a solution, tested it, and so far i haven't had packet loss (client side) again.

After investigating further more its seems, my issue comes from an incompatibility of one of the features of my network card (Killer E2500) with my new ISP (Free, one of the few France ISPs).
https://www.speedguide.net/ was really very helpful to troubleshoot. This site is awesome.

A year ago i had to remove the "advanced stream detect" feature of the Killer network card, which is a known issue already.

Now i had to download the .INF driver file from Killer networks site, remove the driver, block the Windows Update trying to download the drivers again.
Then downloading TCP Optimizer from speedguides, run it as admin, select my network card and applying the settings in the attached screenshot.

Hope that helps ! Standard smile

Message 15 of 15 (276 Views)