Packet Loss when playing in a Squad with Friends

by tomthebotfly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Packet Loss when playing in a Squad with Friends

★★ Novice

Right so I have been getting this problem recently, where every time I queue up alone and matchmake with randoms on Apex Legends I get absolutely no connectivity issues whatsoever. However, when I play with my friends and get into their squad, even though we live in the same city and server region (Germany/EU), sometimes I get absolutely horrible, unplayable packet loss and "prediction errors" for the whole match. This happens in around 50% of the games we play, while the other 50% are completely fine. What's even weirder is that sometimes during the games where I DO get packet loss, my internet goes back to being normal for 5-10 seconds and then I get packet loss again. This, by the way, also happens in Titanfall 2.

To sum it up, when I matchmake alone with randoms, I have perfect internet with 20ms ping and 0% packet loss. When I play in a squad with friends, around 50% of the games I join I get a "prediction error" and what seems to be extremely high packet loss, despite us playing in the same server region.

Any ideas of what could be the problem? It seems really weird to me.

UOtrace is attached.

Message 1 of 6 (1,572 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Packet Loss when playing in a Squad with Friends

★★ Novice

Actually, after switching the Powerline for a new one, the problem seems to be gone!

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,471 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@tomthebotfly Is the same friend that you have connection issues with in Titan Fall 2 as well? Are they also seeing this problem with or without you in their squad?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (1,531 Views)

Community Manager

@tomthebotfly Wanted to see if your still seeing issues, can you run through our troubleshooting guide?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 6 (1,493 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually, after switching the Powerline for a new one, the problem seems to be gone!

Message 4 of 6 (1,472 Views)

Community Manager
@tomthebotfly Glad to hear, thank you for letting us know!

Illium.png

Message 5 of 6 (1,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same problem as him, i have had this problem for the past 5 seasons, its gotten worse.
Every other game almost my and my teamate get packetloss, this get solved for about 3 games by switching the data server
pls help @EA_Illium 

Message 6 of 6 (679 Views)