Packet Loss since Halloween Update (PS4) Possibly a Bug?

by HyperNovaFlash

Original Post

Packet Loss since Halloween Update (PS4) Possibly a Bug?

★★★★ Novice

I desperately need help regarding my issue that I've been having for the past 1-2 weeks (ever since the halloween update really)

I have this weird thing where I log on to play, start a round, play perfectly fine for 1-2 games and on the third I have packet loss for the ENTIRE duration of the game. It's not even a thing of appearing/dissapearing, or moments of fluctuating packet loss, it is just CONSTANTLY there until the round is over. Then on the next round it's either there again for the whole duration of the round or it's entirely going. This happens on a random pattern and I can't recreate it, it just seemingly happens out of nowhere... The game ran fine previous to the Update since release and now it's unplayable for me.This happens only on Apex. BF5 has a 0,0% packet loss over multiple 30-40 minute rounds.

Things I have tried so far:

-Reset router (even to factory default settings)

-Change LAN cable/change LAN port

-Try out various datacenters with no luck

-Tracert /Ping several servers from Europe on my pc (no packet loss at all anywhere)

-Port forward/Change DNS/Change MTU (Not sure if this is even related to packet loss but i tried anyway)

The only thing that seemingly works for me if i re-start the game as soon as my packet loss issue starts. It's fine for 1-2 games and then it starts again, but this is just a band-aid fix.

Is there anything else left to do for me? For some reason I truly believe it's more a bug than anything else, but obviously that's just my assumption.. I'm out of ideas at this point.

PS: Only have packet loss on Apex Legends, other games run fine. (Not that this means anything since routing and stuff but still)

Message 1 of 27 (2,995 Views)

Re: Packet Loss since Halloween Update (PS4) Possibly a Bug?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm on PS4,  since the start the of season 3, i have been experiencing packet loss for all my matches and they don't fluctuate it just like that for all my matches for the whole duration. I have a 50ms connection to my server. 

Message 2 of 27 (2,900 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This post needs to be addressed.

https://youtu.be/yEevoLVaoMA 

Message 3 of 27 (2,866 Views)

High Packet Loss Every Second Round

★★★ Novice

Some games have no packet loss at all and some have. My only idea is that I play with people I meet on Discord. Even though they're from EU I would guess the game picks a server not ideal for anyone of us but good enough for everyone. That is my only idea. Anything else would be outside of my expertise.

Message 4 of 27 (2,866 Views)

Re: High Packet Loss Every Second Round

★★★★ Novice

Exactly the same issue here. Some games have packet loss through the entire round without stopping and when a new round starts its all fine. This needs to be adressed.

Message 5 of 27 (2,850 Views)

Re: High Packet Loss Every Second Round

★★★ Novice

Where are you from? What server does the game assign you? I live in Germany and the best servers for me are Frankfurt 1 and Frankfurt 2.

Message 6 of 27 (2,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here - ping is between 29–35 for me, but every other game have problems with package loss!

Message 7 of 27 (2,798 Views)

Packet loss

★★★ Novice

Hello, I'm from Slovenia on fiber internet, 300Mbps download/80Mbps upload. Within the 2 years that I've had it, I've never encountered issues with the connection. 

On Apex legends however, I seem to be getting the packet loss symbol in certain matches. This is not something that makes the game lag for a bit then works fine, lags again etc. But it's something that sticks with me from the start of the match until the end. The only fix is leaving the match and joining a new one, which then works fine with absolutely no issues. So, overall it basically makes certain matches unplayable and others work normal. This is very inconsistent, for example the last time I experienced this was late S2 and it reappeared yesterday, multiple times in a row. I had 2 normal games out of 6 attempts, after that I just shot the game off because it is unplayable with players teleporting all over the place. 

I'm playing on a PS4(Not pro). Connected to Frankfurt 2, same thing happens on Amsterdam, Frankfurt 1 and the Belgium servers.

I've tried using a different internet cable which didn't fix the issue. I've had a long conversation about this with my internet company(Telekom Slovenia, in case that's of any relevance) and they've reset and checked my internet status and they say everything is working perfectly fine. They've asked for an IP address of the server I connect to or a traceroute to make sure it isn't an issue from their side but I know I can't get those. 

So I've checked everything I could and it seems to be working fine on my end. How come sometimes certain matches just become unplayable? I'm making this post to see if there's a fix, and to find out if the issue is on my end to try to fix it or if the servers are messing with me. 

Message 8 of 27 (2,872 Views)

Re: Packet loss

★★ Novice

Their servers sucks big time.

Message 9 of 27 (2,862 Views)

Apex Legends packet loss Problem

★★★ Novice

I have a Problem with Packet loss (from about 15-30%) in every Server. Im on Xbox. It is only on apex. I get about 15-30 % shown in the start Screen with the Servers every time but the Game Sometimes works Just fine (for hours Sometimes) and then the Packet loss comes in and its almost unplayable with the lags.  but In every Other Game i have 0 % Packet loss and about 30-40 Ping. In advanced Connection Details it also Shows me 0% Packet loss and 30-40 Ping. I Play with a ethernet cable and everything with my Router and so on is fine (Nat Type and Ports opened). I dont understand, i Just want to Play apex Frown (btw im Bloodhound Top 10 in Xbox Germany)

Message 10 of 27 (2,801 Views)