by knightochivalry

Original Post

Packet Loss Every Game Since July 5th update

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1060 GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB(2x8 ddr4 2666mhz in dual channel)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? knightochivalry
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. n/a
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? all of them
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? n/a
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. all parts of the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. all parts of gameplay
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? any (tried reboots, restarts, playing several games)
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) I think since the July 5th update (I am in US EAST)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the packet loss symbol at the start of every single match, and then I experience poor gameplay in the form of apparent hit registration issues, as well as gun recoil feeling much harder to control then normal. I am also disconnecting from a game while loading in roughly every 3-4 games.
What should be happening instead? I should be killing people when I land entire clips in their back, and not feel like they turn around and melt me with their first burst!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know

Please fix!

Message 1 of 5 (465 Views)

Re: Packet Loss Every Game Since July 5th update

Community Manager

I see from your DxDiag you have "Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller."

Do you still get packet loss after trying out this solution?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (417 Views)

★ Novice

No because I don't have the Killer control center installed. I instead run the barebones Killer drivers only because the control center is notoriously buggy. I appreciate your reply all the same.

Message 3 of 5 (356 Views)

Community Manager

@knightochivalry 

Can you try updating your Windows and GPU driver, then perform these basic connection troubleshooting steps.

Once those are done, perform a clean boot to see if it's a program running in the background causing the game to disconnect you.

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (334 Views)

★ Novice

So the disconnecting issue is the code:leaf bug, which I just finally read about after taking a week off from the game (I was hoping the issue would resolve itself or be patched). So that part of my problem can be ignored. I checked for windows updates, and only the update to Windows 1903 is available, which I am holding off on at the advice of the internet (Apex doesn't always work with it) I also checked my GPU and there are only game ready drivers available that say nothing about Apex or any bug fixes, so I would rather not download them. That leads me to your advice about the clean boot. That is my next step and I will update when I do.

Message 5 of 5 (307 Views)