PSN error connecting to EA servers

by Minueling

Original Post

PSN error connecting to EA servers

★★ Newbie

I just bought this game, all excited to play, being a fan of Plants VS Zombies ever since the mobile game first came out, but when it finally downloaded and updated, I booted up the game, skipped the launch trailer intro, since I love  it, but I've seen it so many times before... anyway, I accepted the End User License Agreement, and then waited as it started to load. It said that I was connecting to the EA servers, then a couple seconds after, an error popped up, saying I wasn't signed into PlayStation Network. I checked my friends list. I obviously was, otherwise I wouldn't have even had a friend in there, but I did. Anyway, I tried again, same problem. I checked my Internet connection, it was perfectly fine, tried again, still wouldn't connect... EA, could you please fix this problem... I understand I'm not the only one with it, and I just want to try this amazing game... I'll be grateful if you'd find and fix what is wrong soon, otherwise my entire holiday off school would be gone, and I wouldn't be able to play as much...

You've never let me down before... well, EA, you have, but not Pop Cap... please don't make this a first...

Message 1 of 7 (921 Views)

Re: PSN error connecting to EA servers

★★★★ Guide

I would first recommend resetting your modem and router, sometimes your provider is getting bad information even though it states you are signed into the PSN network you cannot still play certain games.  

Message 2 of 7 (900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not cool to require an online account just to play your game.  Then your servers "are having problems".  Then this website is buggy as well.  

Just let us play the game.   (Not to mention the 12Gb patch we had to wait for when we got the game because you didn't get it right the first time.

Message 3 of 7 (822 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've been having this same issue the past 2 days. Sucks. This game is the main reason I got a ps4 for my boys. Very upsetting. We're able to play it 2 times and then nothing since.
Message 4 of 7 (800 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Have played Battlefront just fine and can access the PS Store. Clearly logged into the psn network and the EA account. Looking around it seems this issue has been ongoing for months. There should be a fix for it by now. Would appreciate a comment by someone at EA to know they are looking into it. My psn username is Mars1023. If you need any other info from me let me know thanks.
Message 5 of 7 (799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

We've had this issue ever since we bought the game.  My son finally found a solution that appears to work every time (at least for us)

1. start Garden Warfare 2 and wait till you get the error msg

2. press the PS button on the controller - do not close GW2

3 scroll to Settings = Network = Test Internet Connection - make sure all of the tests are successful, particularly Playstation Network Sign In

4.  If all good, go back to GW2 and try to connect again by pressing the option button on the controller.

This has worked for us every time.  Hopefully, it will work for you.

Message 6 of 7 (766 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how did you fix this?

Message 7 of 7 (616 Views)