PSN Account Linked to Unknown EA Account

by harrydstanton1

Original Post

Re: PSN Account Linked to Unknown EA Account

★★ Novice

Have you ever got this situation resolved? I’m facing the same issue...that’s after lots of support chats, phone calls and forms filled, it’s absolutely nuts that we don’t have some sort of button to unlink or link a new ea account that we own to our PSN ID...OUR! 

Message 21 of 40 (2,625 Views)

★★ Novice
@harrydstanton1 Any luck with the above bro? I’ve been trying to solve the same issue for the last 2 weeks without any luck... :/
Message 22 of 40 (2,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did took a lot of work though. There's forms to fill out on the ea sight and when it asks for your ip address it isn't the PS4 but your home ip address.  Just need to be determined with them unfortunately

Message 23 of 40 (2,600 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue. 

It’s insane how bad they are at resolving this... they ask for account details but I never set up an account like this.

Happy to create a big fuss about this... gaming is supposed to be a consumer experience... 

Message 24 of 40 (2,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko They are people who buy used EA games from GameStop and for some reason, there is already an EA sports account associated with the game. There is no way for us to cancel that account and actually link our PSN or Xbox account to EA. Seems like a simple task and Harry has asked like 10 times lol. You should be able to escalate this or make someone aware of this issue at the very least.
Message 25 of 40 (2,501 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @markymark0929 if you purchase a game disc second hand and load it up there will not be an account associated with it. If your Gamertag is linked to an EA account then it means that either you linked or someone who you gave your account details to link it.

If you do not know the details or who/when it was set up then all you can do is fill out the account recovery form with as much info as possible, there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to assist you with this issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 26 of 40 (2,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this issue as well and you telling us it is our fault

“ your Gamertag is linked to an EA account then it means that either you linked or someone who you gave your account details to link it.”

is not helping or even the issue.   I have had my email address for 22 years.  I have had my psn account for 12 years.   I have had no other issues with my psn account being linked to other people’s accounts of any kind.  Furthermore, the email linked to my psn account looks fake as hell.  Again I did not give my info out, so that means either you did or Sony did. 

guess I am just done with ea.

Message 27 of 40 (2,355 Views)

★★ Novice
@harrydstanton1 have you been able to resolve this issue ? I have the same issue and I can't prove that that account isn't me and I have been going in circles all day
Message 28 of 40 (2,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@perezm03 Yes. As I said patients and as much info as you can get. It’s wrong when it’s so difficult
Message 29 of 40 (2,203 Views)

★★ Novice
@harrydstanton How did you go about the i p address ? Did you use the address from your computer or from the console ?
And for the section if you bought EA games ?
Because only EA stuff I got was from apex
Message 30 of 40 (2,183 Views)