PSN Account Ineligible

by lufeb70

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PSN Account Ineligible

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to play Apex Legends on PS4 but keep getting a message of Invalid Account.

Tried to log trough the browser and get 

Account Ineligible

We're sorry, but your EA account or your account for PSN is not eligible.

Click the button below to logout your account for PSN.

The account used is the main PSN account and is not an under age account.

How can I solve the problem?

Message 1 of 52 (64,906 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PSN Account Ineligible

★★★ Newbie

Hey, so after being on hold with EA for an hour they magically fixed it, no ineligible error finally! Go to help.ea.com. The customer support tech named Chris figured it out. its something on their side that needs fixed, so if you're patient they'll fix it eventually...

View in thread

Message 3 of 52 (64,752 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue with no help from EA so far. One rep told me I needed to create a Twitch account to play Apex and to link my account. Unbelievable.. Waiting on a phone call from EA support now. If I figure it out I will post here, please do the same if you get to the bottom of it. Best of luck!

Message 2 of 52 (64,806 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, so after being on hold with EA for an hour they magically fixed it, no ineligible error finally! Go to help.ea.com. The customer support tech named Chris figured it out. its something on their side that needs fixed, so if you're patient they'll fix it eventually...

Message 3 of 52 (64,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am posting this for the benefit of all the people who receive the ineligible account error when trying to play a PS4 EA game (like Need for Speed in my case).

After three live chats and 4 hours of back and forth. they finally found the solution.

The problem was this: one time in the past I had download a demo of an EA game on my PS3. It prompted me to create an EA account to play it, which I did. The game did not catch my attention and I deleted it from my PS3. As I started to receive advertising from EA on my email, I requested to delete my account. After that deletion was confirmed, I deleted from my email inbox all traces of that conversation.

Fast forward some months, even a year, I had forgotten about all that. I bought a PS4 and bought an EA game in the Playstation Store. I am not a big gamer, so this was actually the second EA game I tried in my life. When trying to load the first screen, it throw me an error that I did not have an EA account or something. And the game prompted me to CREATE a new EA account. Which I did. Using the same email address I had used the previous time, which is the only email address I have ever had with PSN. Turns out that by doing that I had now two accounts with EA. One that was "deleted" but was linked to my PSN account and another that was active but could not be linked. It is the one I am writing from right now.

I was told that my PSN ID that I tried to link to my active EA account was already linked to another account that was probably deleted and that I could bring back to life if I made a "forgotten password" request. I tried with all my active email addresses. With two never received any reply from EA. With the active one, I did, changed my password, but that didn't resolve the situation. I was still unable to link my EA account to my PSN ID, even though both shared the same email address!

After four hours and I was just despairing, I happen to mention to the support guy that I had never used any other email address with my PSN. So he proposed the following: he would change my email address in my active account to another of my emails while we were doing the live chat, and I would try to recover the password of my original email address (the one I had logged in for the live chat). And amazingly, that worked. Turns out that the EA account ID or gamertag is unique, and it is linked forever with the PSN ID, but the email address field in their databases is not unique! So they can have two EA accounts with the same email address! So, success. This EA account I am writing is just for telling you not to despair. Except... woe to you if you have ever created an EA account and linked it to your PSN ID with an email address that you don't have access anymore. That will be, I guess, unsolvable.
Good luck!

Message 4 of 52 (63,669 Views)

★★ Novice
@fabitas18 I'm having the same situation .. Just bought a new PS4 (had a PS3 and PS4 but sold them some time ago) and I remember playing FIFA on them .. But now in this new PS4 I can't connect to EA because it says ineligible account when I try sign in with my PSN in EA ..
Message 5 of 52 (63,204 Views)

Support ape

★★★ Newbie

I cannot connect to server it say " this account is invalid

An i was jist on the day befor this happend it started last night 

Message 6 of 52 (61,068 Views)

★★ Novice

How do i get the option of a call i have no options at all

Message 7 of 52 (60,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you get a rep?

Message 8 of 52 (59,021 Views)

Re: Support ape

★★★ Newbie

Same with me did it ever get fixed

Message 9 of 52 (59,020 Views)

Re: Support ape

★ Novice

im having the same problem! did you end up getting it fixed?

Message 10 of 52 (58,406 Views)