PS5 login bugged (password reset)

by abrohma

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS5 login bugged (password reset)

★★★ Newbie

For some reason every time I try to login for the first time on my PlayStation five it’s still brings up this please reset your password. I don’t remember even logging in on PlayStation 4 at all. I’ve reset my password twice, rebooted the console. Do I have to reinstall it?

Message 1 of 2 (3,588 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS5 login bugged (password reset)

EA app Team

Hello @abrohma 

This message means that your PlayStation account is already linked to an EA account. If you ever played any of the EA games on that PlayStation account, there is a high chance that it was linked to an EA account in order to gain access to online services. Please keep in mind that EA account and PlayStation account can have different login credentials. To activate the account, you will have to try and remember the email address of the EA account and reset password on it. You can also try and reach out to customer support, they might be able to assist with locating the correct account.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (3,538 Views)

All Replies

Re: PS5 login bugged (password reset)

EA app Team

Hello @abrohma 

This message means that your PlayStation account is already linked to an EA account. If you ever played any of the EA games on that PlayStation account, there is a high chance that it was linked to an EA account in order to gain access to online services. Please keep in mind that EA account and PlayStation account can have different login credentials. To activate the account, you will have to try and remember the email address of the EA account and reset password on it. You can also try and reach out to customer support, they might be able to assist with locating the correct account.

Message 2 of 2 (3,539 Views)