Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

PS5 installation error

by moduchezeau

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS5 installation error

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi. 

I keep getting a CE-100005-6 error when trying to install FIFA 21 on my PS5 while using the PS4 disc. 

It keeps getting stuck on 272mb (so pretty much straight away). Anyone able to help?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (1,345 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS5 installation error

Community Manager
Hi @moduchezeau,

This seems to be an issue on the Sony side from reports I'm seeing on Reddit and the like, I would advise reaching out to them for any troubleshooting steps they may have: http://bit.ly/ContactPSSupport
Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,329 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Weird. On about the fifth attempt it now seems to be working OK (having removed disc, cleaned etc. each time). 

Possibly a message for others, keep persevering!

Message 2 of 6 (1,341 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I lied. Same error at 3.3gb/41 this time. 

Message 3 of 6 (1,338 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @moduchezeau,

This seems to be an issue on the Sony side from reports I'm seeing on Reddit and the like, I would advise reaching out to them for any troubleshooting steps they may have: http://bit.ly/ContactPSSupport
Aljo.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,330 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the reply. Slowly but surely it seems to be sorting itself out and installing. Just took a number of further pauses/removing/reinserting the disc to get it to work. 

Apologies I did try Googling but should have also tried Reddit. If I’d known it was a common theme I would not have posted here but thanks for the link!

Message 5 of 6 (1,325 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @moduchezeau,

No worries! Enjoy the PS5 Standard smile
Aljo.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,321 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa21-promo2

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help