Accepted Solution

Crashing/freezing in PlayStation ranked lobbies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PlayStation 5
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Enraged-Sweeney
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. MincedMatt ChapterJ-
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Horizon Wattson
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Didn't even make it in
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Loading in
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0 happens ever ranked game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29.01.23
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't do anything the game fully freezes it has happened for last 5 day been hoping for a fix, our team has lost over 5k rp as a whole as each one of us experiences it and abandonment penalty with no loss forgiveness, and you cannot reconnect l, we was all ranked pred till this happened....
What should be happening instead? We should be able to play ranked haven't played in 5 days properly
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a team to play ranked on playstation you will see it is a joke that no forum has mentioned this as we have asked around and a lot of playstation players are having this issue

Game fully freezes, we tested closing app and restarting to reconnect, we tested waiting on it to unfreeze and neither worked

[CM - Edited title for clarity]

Message 7 of 59 (4,117 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Major playstation ranked bug

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Thanks for all the posts, everyone. We've passed this along for a closer look and will provide updates as we have them.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 19 of 59 (4,591 Views)

All Replies

Apex legends keeps crashing

★★★ Newbie

My Apex Legends Im has been crashing constantly on PS5/4. Either it doesn’t let me login and I get code 100 or cannot connect to PlayStation network (which isn’t true) or when I join a ranked game it freezes when it’s adding players. E.g. on the waiting for players screen x out of 60 players.

I don’t know how to resolve this I’ve changed DNS, restarted both router and console and it keeps happening. I’ve deleted and re-downloaded both Apex apps and it’s not working.

What am I meant to do? Can someone please check my account status or something because i just don’t understand.

Message 1 of 59 (4,018 Views)

Re: Apex legends keeps crashing

★★★★★ Novice
@tayman158 Are you doing these DNS settings?

IP Address Settings: Automatic
DHCP Host Name: Do Not Specify
DNS Settings: Manual
Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4
MTU Settings: Automatic
Proxy Server: Do Not Use
Message 2 of 59 (3,985 Views)

Can’t load into ranked every few games

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PlayStation 5
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Battleduty101
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. TwitchPyroxxOps
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Newcastle
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Horizon
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Couldn’t load into the game on my screen it says starting in 4.3 seconds then freezes I restart my game and doesn’t load me in the few minutes later I get abandonment penalty this has happened to me twice if I was diamond or platinum I wouldn’t care but since I was in pred I got over 160-
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Loading into a game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 28/1/2023
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I get abandonment penalty then negative 85 but since this happened twice, it’s Negative 170
What should be happening instead? Me loading into a game of ranked
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play ranked until you don’t load into a game

You see this for ever and then I get abandonment penalty

Message 3 of 59 (4,069 Views)

Re: Can’t load into ranked every few games

★★★★ Novice

Bro i swear this is so annoying i was diamond 2 and i lost around 600-700 rp because of this * the game is unplayable right now because one of my boys always freezes while loading in 

Message 4 of 59 (4,034 Views)

Re: Can’t load into ranked every few games

★★★ Newbie

on god, this game is broken for my console bc ill be playing a match then next thing you know my game freezes and i get kicked but when i try to load back in the server isnt found??!? how much more annoying could it get other than i get a match abandoned penalty for something that the apex servers couldnt connect. it cant be just me but the creators should fix this or else they are losing players and noone will want to play a broken game anymore. 

Message 5 of 59 (4,009 Views)

PS5 PRED RANKED CRASHING

★★ Novice

For the last 3 days, the ps5 ranked players experience crashing issues. We get disconnected from the lobby and can't get back in the game. On top of that, we get 10 min penalty. Are devs even aware of this problem? There is 2 weeks left of split so I hope they fix this issue asap. 

Message 6 of 59 (3,966 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@sweeney2295 Same here lost over 1k rp i was 200 rp away from diamond one…
Message 8 of 59 (4,072 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah its not good I think it's the diamond protection and above lobbys as no issue when testing on a smurf for several hours so not good

Message 9 of 59 (4,061 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having same problem lost over 500RP to this 

Message 10 of 59 (4,033 Views)