PS5 Overheating

by bhavikmatic

Original Post

PS5 Overheating

★★★ Newbie

During pause menus in game, the fan begins to spin faster and the console overheats. As soon as the game resumes the loud noise from the fan stops and the console is normal again

Message 1 of 14 (851 Views)

Re: PS5 Overheating

★★★★★ Newbie

On PC it freezes completely on the cutscenes it runs on 2 fps lmao.

The game is terribly optimized it seems.

Pause menus and cutscenes are terrible on PC.

Message 2 of 14 (838 Views)

Community Manager

@bhavikmatic 

Your console should not be overheating.

Try cleaning the vents, fan and heat sinks/fins with a vacuum cleaner.

Using a can of compressed air can clean a console better than other methods, make sure it is plugged out of the electricity and that you hold the can vertically so no liquid comes out.

Storing the console out in the open rather than in an enclosed cabinet can help too.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 14 (818 Views)

FIFA 23 turning off Xbox series x

★★★ Novice

My Xbox  keeps turning off  at random times whilst playing fifa  it happens every 30 minutes to an hour.

I had this issue whilst on FIFA 22 on my Xbox series X and as a result stopped playing it. 

Unfortunately I’ve encountered it again with FIFA 23. 

- This doesn’t happen on any other game. 

Message 4 of 14 (831 Views)

Xbox One S freeze fifa 23

★★★★★ Newbie

Every single game from the day 1 the game starts and after 3-4 mins the game is freezed every single time i reinstalled it 2 times and its not working can some one help me this thing is happening on Xbox One S?

Message 5 of 14 (821 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry Can you help me with mine! Xbox series x turning off completely ….

I’ve done all the the troubleshooting and still having this issue!!!!

Phoned EA who told me to uninstall like I hadn’t done that 4 times and then disconnected on me.

Message 6 of 14 (668 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Barry The halftime and fulltime match menu bug which causes your PS5 to overheat and turn off in the middle of matches resulting in losses, makes the game an absolute joke to even attempt to play. The latest patch has increased the match halftime menu overheating bug, it even occurs at the fulltime match menu now too. 3 Times i've "apparently" overheated in the past half an hour and the consoles been turned off all day with not a spec of dust in sight.

As mentioned above, you reach halftime in a match, the menu appears, the console fans start to rev up and get loud, an error appears saying "Your PS5 is overheating etc" or will simply turn off your console. If your lucky you reach the 30 second countdown and resume the match, fans slow down and you can carry on, however after this latest patch once you hit fulltime, all of the above happens in the fulltime post match menu too.

@EA_Mako
Message 7 of 14 (584 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@ProRecoil Just a suggestion I know you say not a spec off dust in sight. Have you checked the fan. I take mine out every 3ish months and give a good clean with a brush and low powered hoover. The dust build up is astounding. Always a noticeable improvement afterwards.

Note removing fan requires a T8 torx bit.
Message 8 of 14 (573 Views)

★ Guide
@ScarDuck14 I'm a techy by trade and its spotless, this is a known bug but as per, its not being fixed, in fact its only gotten worse with this recent patch.

It ONLY happens in FIFA, no other game.

I've noticed its now happening if somebody pauses a match and makes a substitution too.

So its narrowed down to the match menu's.
Somebody pauses during a match, the menu appears to make a substitution, the fans ramp up, get loud and the overheating error appears.
At halftime when the match menu appears the same thing happens.
At fulltime when the mathc menu appears the same thing happens.

At no other point in FIFA does this occur, except for the match menus and to be booted out of a game when your playing FUT champs, FUT champs playoffs, rivals, even Pro Clubs, its awful to be getting a Loss when its not myself thats at fault, nothing but shoddy programming.
Message 9 of 14 (561 Views)

★ Guide
Message 10 of 14 (557 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help