PS5 Controller support on PC

by ALCATRAZxd

Original Post

Re: Need for Speed: Unbound PC - PS5 DualSense controller not working

★★★★ Novice

Fixed for me.

After so many hours today testing with various people on the reddit forum, a user named
BR3NDANP has done a test THAT HAS WORKED WITH PS5 CONTROLLERS:

- Connect the PS5 controller via USB, open Steam > Steam tab > Parameters > Controller > General controller settings > Activate ''PlayStation controller settings'' > click on PS5 controller at the bottom > Preferences > Send.

- You click add a non-steam game to Steam, click "browse", go to the directory where EA Desktop is installed (if its the same as mine it'll be something like C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\EA Desktop) and add EADesktop.exe. Then you should be able to launch the EA Desktop app from Steam, and then the game from there.

EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY, ALL THE BUTTONS ARE PLACED, I have tried this with a PS4 controller but this solution does not work.

I hope it works for you and you can play this game in its early version.

Message 21 of 72 (4,277 Views)

Re: PS5 Controller support on PC

★★★ Newbie

can you look into camera issues as well? Playing on PC has me auto locked in reverse

Message 22 of 72 (4,235 Views)

Re: Controllers not functioning with game

★★ Novice

I also have the same issues, tried using both an Xbox elite series 2 controller and a series X controller but neither have worked! My pause button became the A button and R3 as the pause button! Seems it can't recognise the extra buttons on the newer controllers so they are all moved around!

Also sad as I've lost time around an hour of the 10-hour trial testing different options to see if I can fix it! Frown

Message 23 of 72 (3,772 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've tried what you suggested, and it doesn't seem to work for me! Frown When you mean activation PlayStation settings, do you mean ticking that "PlayStation Configuration Support"? 

Message 24 of 72 (4,200 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Greenfield-Racer wrote:

I've tried what you suggested, and it doesn't seem to work for me! Frown When you mean activation PlayStation settings, do you mean ticking that "PlayStation Configuration Support"? 

@Greenfield-Racer  yes, I mean "PlayStation Configuration Support", this only works with PS5 controller, with PS4 controller it doesn't work.

Message 25 of 72 (3,867 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ChrisBapalot wrote:

can you look into camera issues as well? Playing on PC has me auto locked in reverse

@ChrisBapalot  This was exactly what was happening to me, I managed to solve it by following the steps I put a little above, but it only works with the PS5 controller

Message 26 of 72 (3,867 Views)

Re: Controllers not functioning with game

★★★ Newbie

I am also having controller issues. using a series x controller, and all the imputs are jumbled, and there is, as of right now, no clear way to fix it

Message 27 of 72 (3,741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i have a ps5 controller connected but steam says its a Dualshock 4, any solutions maybe? Thank you in advance

Message 28 of 72 (3,834 Views)

Xbox elite series 2 controller not working correctly on PC

★★★ Newbie

Product: Need for Speed: Unbound
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug elite series 2 is not reading properly at all the no acceleration button and all the controls are jacked up
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? use a controller on pc probably
What happens when the bug occurs? controller is connected but everything is wrong
What do you expect to see? well I cant drive at all unless I use my keyboard so its not playable at all

please fix it

Message 29 of 72 (3,686 Views)

Controllers not working on NFS Unbound, keyboard controls also broken.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: Need for Speed: Unbound
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Controls don't work. I can not connect any controller (xbox or ps) and the keyboard controls don't work properly either.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just turn on the game on pc. (I have the game on the EA app)
What happens when the bug occurs? Keyboard controls just don't work properly. Can't use any controllers with it.
What do you expect to see? I need a fix.

I tried everything, but can't get any controller to work. Tried ps4, xbox one, xbox series x. None worked. Also tried connecting them by wire but still nothing. and they work perfectly fine with any other game. And the keyboard controls are broken, i can literally just accelerate and turn, that's it. This is unacceptable! I paid extra to play early and this thing is unplayable. I did not pay extra to be a beta tester!!! AngryAngryAngry This needs fixing asap!! What a disappointment!!! 

Message 30 of 72 (3,687 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help