Re: PS5 Controller support on PC

by ALCATRAZxd

Original Post

★★ Novice

@ZjemCiKolege wrote:
@Dolac84what are you talking about ds4windows keeps getting updates last was 7 days ago ;-)

Yea I see that now, I was basing my information on the maintaining of DS4Win on what I learned when the DualSense first came out and I was looking for solutions since DS4Win didn't work initially with them back then, the Dev of DSX and some other forums indicated that DS4Win wasn't maintained anymore at that time. The method is still a viable solution for those where DS4Win is not working regardless.

Message 51 of 60 (2,028 Views)

Re: Need for Speed: Unbound PC - PS5 DualSense controller not working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@fjusticia7 wrote:

Fixed for me.

After so many hours today testing with various people on the reddit forum, a user named
BR3NDANP has done a test THAT HAS WORKED WITH PS5 CONTROLLERS:

- Connect the PS5 controller via USB, open Steam > Steam tab > Parameters > Controller > General controller settings > Activate ''PlayStation controller settings'' > click on PS5 controller at the bottom > Preferences > Send.

- You click add a non-steam game to Steam, click "browse", go to the directory where EA Desktop is installed (if its the same as mine it'll be something like C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\EA Desktop) and add EADesktop.exe. Then you should be able to launch the EA Desktop app from Steam, and then the game from there.

EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY, ALL THE BUTTONS ARE PLACED, I have tried this with a PS4 controller but this solution does not work.

I hope it works for you and you can play this game in its early version.

@fjusticia7  omg this has worked for me! Thank you very much! I was so close about loosing my mind xD

PS: I'm using the PS5 controller.

Message 52 of 60 (2,014 Views)

Re: Controllers not functioning with game

★★★ Newbie

Same for me, I've tried everything. It's also the same case with my Xbox One controller.

Message 53 of 60 (1,892 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_David Any update on the situation on this, im loving the hard work from the community members but the short term solutions given arent working. This has been an ongoing issue for over a week now. Getting to the point where waiting is pointless...
Message 54 of 60 (1,884 Views)

Re: Need for Speed: Unbound PC - PS5 DualSense controller not working

★★★★★ Novice
@fjusticia7 Thank you works for the ps4 controller, but added the xbox controller configuration.
Message 55 of 60 (1,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David JUST MAKE A SETTING IN GAME THAT ALLOWS PLAYERS TO SWITCH TO PLAYSTATION XBOX OR PC LAYOUT SIMPLE
Message 56 of 60 (1,775 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Leave it to EA to make the community do all sorts of testing to find a workaround for something that should've been in the game from day 0.

When FIFA 23 and F1 22 have native support for PS controllers why cant EA just tell all of their dev teams to do the same? The biggest joke here must be Codemaster having native support in F1 but not in GRID.

Or even better. Why not put support your new app the same way that Steam does so it will be solved for all of your games? 

At least then the new app would do something better than Origin...

Message 57 of 60 (1,708 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Gr3m1in_914 like in NFS most wanted from 2005! :D
Message 58 of 60 (1,665 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_David Any update of this situation??? Even with the latest update no prograssion has been made. Uninstalling and just waiting for a notification at this point. The solutions the community arent working.
Message 59 of 60 (1,582 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_David @EA_Atic

Honesty.... Just getting sad now
Message 60 of 60 (1,533 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help