Re: PS5 Controller support on PC

by ahvillatoro1411

Original Post

Re: Controllers not functioning with game

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. Having issues with the PS4 controller mapping on PC (using the EA App). The workaround launching the game though steam does not work for me. The buttons are all messed up. I need to press R2 for "A", etc.

Message 31 of 72 (3,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am able to use it. if youre using DS4 windows just update to the latest version of it. ALSO make sure you do not have steam running in the background as it does not work if it is.

Message 32 of 72 (3,867 Views)

Re: Need for Speed: Unbound PC - PS5 DualSense controller not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

SOLUTION - FOR PS5 CONTROLLER - WINDOWS 11 - ORIGIN

From all of the above tests, this is the one that has worked for me.

Completely close the Origin app (check it is closed in the task tray too)

Connect the PS5 controller via USB

Open Steam

Hit 'Steam' in the top left -> Settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings

Tick "PlayStation Configuration Support"

Click on the Playstation 5 Controller under "Detected Controllers" at the bottom

Select Preferences

You can leave settings default here or adjust colours as you need. Then press "Submit" and close the settings boxes.

Add the 'non steam' game to your library

Games -> Add a non steam game to my library

Click browse and go to the install location (By Default in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed Unbound\NeedForSpeedUnbound.exe")

Once added, run the game from here and enjoy!

Thanks to @fjusticia7 for the solution.

Message 33 of 72 (3,851 Views)

Re: Need for Speed: Unbound PC - PS5 DualSense controller not working

★★★★ Novice

@92-IronFist wrote:

SOLUTION - FOR PS5 CONTROLLER - WINDOWS 11 - ORIGIN

From all of the above tests, this is the one that has worked for me.

Completely close the Origin app (check it is closed in the task tray too)

Connect the PS5 controller via USB

Open Steam

Hit 'Steam' in the top left -> Settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings

Tick "PlayStation Configuration Support"

Click on the Playstation 5 Controller under "Detected Controllers" at the bottom

Select Preferences

You can leave settings default here or adjust colours as you need. Then press "Submit" and close the settings boxes.

Add the 'non steam' game to your library

Games -> Add a non steam game to my library

Click browse and go to the install location (By Default in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed Unbound\NeedForSpeedUnbound.exe")

Once added, run the game from here and enjoy!

Thanks to @fjusticia7 for the solution.

@92-IronFist For those who do not work adding the game to Steam, they must add the entire EA application to steam as a game, then launch the EA app from Steam and from there, launch the game, they will see in the steam library as the EA app is running. You don't have to thank me, we've been testing solutions all day long on different community forums, this solution came up with the user I mentioned above, after trying all things all day long, but it's a bit embarrassing that it's always the right one. community who has to remedy things or small far-fetched solutions to play something that we have paid for.

Message 34 of 72 (3,813 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Blasthor22 I need to press L2 just to get the camera the right way
Message 35 of 72 (3,774 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same issues on a Dualshock 4. Tried the solutions listed here but still having issues. Praying this gets fixed by launch day.

Message 36 of 72 (3,777 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Blasthor22 wrote:

Same here. Having issues with the PS4 controller mapping on PC (using the EA App). The workaround launching the game though steam does not work for me. The buttons are all messed up. I need to press R2 for "A", etc.

@Blasthor22 Yes, I confirmed it in my post, the solution to add the EA app to steam, only works with dualsense (PS5 controller)

Message 37 of 72 (3,748 Views)

Community Manager
Message 38 of 72 (3,743 Views)

Re: PS4/5 CONTROLLER ISSUE

★★★ Newbie

I have the very same issue

Message 39 of 72 (3,702 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still an issue on DualSense controller, tried by cable and wireless - not working

tried to add the game to steam and the EA app - nope

tested with DS4 controller - nope

tried with both steam and DS4 app - nope

Any solutions EA? at least we should expect a fix or we will be stuck playing on keyboard?

Message 40 of 72 (3,693 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help