Re: Controllers not functioning with game

by ZjemCiKolege

Original Post

Re: Need for Speed: Unbound PC - PS5 DualSense controller not working

★★★ Newbie

Did you guys get the controllers to work? i have a ps5 dualsense and the keybinds are also all wacked out. r2 is nos the camera is looking back at all times, they said they would have full controller support and wheel support what happened??? EA FIX THIS ISSUE NOW! 

Message 11 of 72 (5,142 Views)

★ Novice

Here I was thinking of buying the game but guess I’ll wait if controller support is a car crash (sorry for that pun haha) nfs heat was the same so can’t say I’m shocked.

Message 12 of 72 (5,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

no, did not work at all. tried to plug it in, reboot machine and restarted game. the left stick worked, but the rest was still not working. Was not able to drive. 

Message 13 of 72 (5,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

the same for me, I've been trying all day to make this work, there is no way, DualsenseX, DS4 Windows, change the configuration within Steam to the PS4 controller and add the game to the Steam library, nothing works, this is nonsense.

Refund also refused for me, they say that "you have to wait until December 2 for the game to be published worldwide"

PS: I have tried original PS4, PS5 and XBOX controllers.

Message 14 of 72 (5,087 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@fjusticia7 Windows 11 or 10?
Message 15 of 72 (5,042 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ZjemCiKolege wrote:
@fjusticia7Windows 11 or 10?

@ZjemCiKolege  Win 10

Message 16 of 72 (5,011 Views)

Controllers not functioning with game

★★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed: Unbound
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug PS5 controller not functioning with Need for speed. Back triggers act as x and circle. and the camera is locked facing the rear of the car.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game using a controller?
What happens when the bug occurs? can't play the game
What do you expect to see? IT TO WORK WITH CONTROLLERS...... AS THIS GAME IS BUILT FOR PLAYSTATION AS WELL AS XBOX........ implement proper controller support into your platform???

Every single game from EA is awful to play with a controller. please invest in full controller support....

Message 17 of 72 (4,479 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
@JnProductonz same on xbox series x controller ;-) or dualshock 4
Message 18 of 72 (4,469 Views)

★★★ Novice

It’s a joke 😂

Message 19 of 72 (4,451 Views)

PS4/5 CONTROLLER ISSUE

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I'm personally having the same issue as everyone with my PS4 controller.
I tried using it with DS4Windows, wireless or plugged and nothing works. The game won't recognize it whatever I do.

After some more testing with the Steam version of the game, I noticed something that might help solve this problem but bare with me:

- Navigate to the Library tab
- Right Click on Unbound
- Enter Properties
- Select Controller tab

Usually Steam has the OVVERIDE setting "Use default settings" set by default.
Under this setting there is a list, "Steam input status" that contains a list of controllers.

Games that have full controller support have the "Enabled, set by developer" status on their right, while the "Use default settings" is set. (I've compared this with all my games that have controller support).
For Unbound the "Enabled, set by developer" status is missing for both Xbox Controller and PlayStation.

Conclusion:
The current build/package of the game might have some missing files since it has been stated that NFS Unbound has full controller support.

Workaround:
Change the OVVERIDE setting to "Enable Steam input".

Please keep in mind that I don't know if this "workaround" will generate control or keybinding issues in the long run. I've played only for 35 minutes so I can still be eligible for a refund in case this controller support issue is not fixed.

Message 20 of 72 (4,940 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help