Need for Speed: Unbound PC - PS5 DualSense controller not working

by 92-IronFist

Original Post

PS5 Controller support on PC

★★★ Novice

The game is unplayable to the sense that you cannot rebind anything on the ps5 controller when on this game. Connecting though steam and setting up a config doesnt resolve the issue further. Loading into the game X on the ps5 or A on xbox for the main action button is R2 on the ps5 controller.

camera is always facing down and looking backwards when booting into the game. 

Unplayable state on launch when heat worked like butter. 

Message 1 of 72 (13,419 Views)

★★★ Novice

Despite apparently fully supporting and recommending a controller for game play. The game will not work with a DualSense5 controller. Have used 2 different emulators, tried adding to Steam and using Big Picture.

Bluetooth or cable. Buttons are completely screwed and not playable at all.

You cant even change the button mappings in game...

Has anyone got this working?

Message 2 of 72 (13,280 Views)

Re: PS5 Controller support on PC

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue but with a Xbox controller. I have tried multiple controllers as well.

Message 3 of 72 (13,410 Views)

Re: Need for Speed: Unbound PC - PS5 DualSense controller not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue but with a PS4 controller instead I bought the game through the EA app and thought I was alone when I launched it and found out it wouldn't recognize my controller at all with or without DS4. I contacted support and after a few failed attempts at helping they suggested I make a post here. I just asked for a refund since I thought the steam version would at least let me use a controller.

Message 4 of 72 (13,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, thanks for the posts. 

Testing myself with an Xbox controller, I am unable to replicate any issues. @maloo1312, can you restart your system with a Clean Boot, making sure to disable or disconnect anything that your system might interpret as a game controller. 

If you still have issues, we have an Xbox-focused thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Issues-with-using-Xbox-controller-wirelessly-on-PC/m-p/12...

@ALCATRAZxd Thanks for the post, we're looking into the PS controller issues. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 72 (13,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same with ps4 controlleurr. using ds4 windows. cannot do anything unacceptable...

Message 6 of 72 (13,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I am using the PS5 controller connected with USB-C cable only and it is still the same issue as with only the bluetooth connection. 

Best regards

Message 7 of 72 (13,332 Views)

Community Manager
@Dynahunt Yes, unfortunately this affects PS5 controllers whether connected or wireless, the Xbox wired workaround isn't an option, sorry.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 72 (13,327 Views)

★ Apprentice

I got the same error with my USB connected PS4 controller.

R2 is accept, L2 is decline, naviate up is X navigate down is rectangle and so on. totally messed up and can't play.

Message 9 of 72 (13,282 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This is weird i remember dualshock 4 and dualsense works on bf2042 but months ago support removed now we have nfs unbound racing game without support good job :-) even with emulated x360 gamepad with ds4windows 

Message 10 of 72 (13,228 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help