Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

PS4 (pro) Anthem causes console crash

by Peter_OtH

Original Post

PS4 (pro) Anthem causes console crash

★★ Novice

So during the demo there were some people that had issues with their ps4 (pro) crashing while playing the Anthem Demo. 

(for reference; https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Anthem-VIP-Demo-Hard-Crashing-PS4-Pro/td-p/7386923)

Now at the time i did not have this problem. However now i do with the retail release.

Multiple times now my ps4 has crashed completely while playing Anthem. Majority of the times this happened when a loading screen got stuck.

A hard reboot/restart is needed of the console. And Anthem is the only game that is causing this and also it does not appear to be an overheating issue (no error message of that)

Wonder if more people have this problem

Message 1 of 70 (8,531 Views)

Re: PS4 (pro) Anthem causes console crash

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem.... software crashes with error and console tuns off.

Need hard reboot then repair storage etc..

And yes this is the only game causing an issue at the moment.

Message 2 of 70 (8,377 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just happened to me.

No error code, ps4 just turned off by it self.

Message 3 of 70 (8,365 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I’ve gotten “lost connection” twice, and hard crash one (both in free play). Going to try a private session next to see if I can at least fly solo.
Message 4 of 70 (8,332 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mines also crashing and requires the PS4 to be unplugged and plugged back in to get it going again. Only happens when playing Anthem and usually it's when the game freezers during a heavy mobbed battle or loading screen

Message 5 of 70 (8,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me to.

This issue has happening to me already 6 Times today.

As far as I know it mostly happens when you completed the mission and when you see the rewards screen the game will freeze and after a couple seconds the ps4 pro hard crashes and turns its self off (when this happens system storage needs to be checked and repaired / also the external HDD needs to be repaired)

This issue will also happen if the application crash normal you get a crash report for about 5 sec then the ps4 pro turns off and all HDD check/repair will happen again.

Message 6 of 70 (8,257 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has happened to me in a regular PS4 Just this morning. I played yesterday with no issues for 4 hrs or so before work, came back in ti start it and completely off no warning or beep.

I will try it again and when done if it does not crash in session I will be sure to close the software when I get done and not just suspend it. 

Message 7 of 70 (7,768 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well update 1.03 just applied and it crashed on first attempt at loading mission.....

Message 8 of 70 (7,633 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same. Twice today when closing the Anthem game. Hard crashes and required forced repower from button and full disk check .
Message 9 of 70 (7,457 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Patched to 1.03 and this problem exist for me too ...and yes, only with Anthem.

Message 10 of 70 (7,457 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help