Re: Help with error code 770 ps4

by ComplicitBump22

Original Post

Re: Error 770 Unable to connect

★★★ Newbie

I have been having this problem too and anything anyone has said doesn't help or work, I just might have to wait for next update and my game hasn't worked in 12 days and I'm really pissed at ea. Might be the last game I ever buy from them this stuff is stupid. If you can't fix the game then why make it.

Message 11 of 15 (592 Views)

Re: Help with error code 770 ps4

★★★ Newbie

Same

Message 12 of 15 (568 Views)

Code 770 Battlefront 2 PS4 - ALL FIX ATTEMPTS FAILED AND SUPPORT WON'T RESPOND!

★ Novice

About a week ago I received the code 770 error when attempting to go online in game. Has consistently given me that same error since. I feel like I've tried everything: cold reset the PS4, reset the router, gave static IP for PS4, set port forwarding for both the PS4 and the game following the exact instructions given by EA techs from other similar posts, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, attempted contacting EA help multiple times, first three by chat were cut off in the middle (one gave me the port forwarding advice before getting cut), fourth didn't even respond, attempts for call requests send me to a page that says "We're creating your case.  Sit tight and stay on this page" and will literally sit there for hours with nothing changing. I've been banging my head against the wall and I'm on the verge of breaking the disc in half. Is there anyone out there that can help???

Message 13 of 15 (530 Views)

★ Novice

Well, to their credit, they finally did get in contact with me via email. The rep gave me some new tips I hadn't seen before:

1. Check that you have PlayStation Plus.
2. Make sure you are on wired connection.
3. Check whether you are using IPv4 or IPv6 using https://whatismyipaddress.com/
-IPv4 looks something like this: 1.160.10.240
-IPv6 looks something like this: 3ffe:1900:4545:3:200:f8ff:fe21:67cf
-Players with IPv6 might have connection problems if they are playing with or against a player using IPv4.
4. Perform troubleshooting steps mentioned in https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/

I just received the email this morning so I have yet to try any of it out, but I'll update to see if I get anywhere.

Message 14 of 15 (490 Views)

★ Novice

I was disappointed to find that there wasn't much else suggested to fix the problem in that email, after checking the IPv4 vs IPv6 (and confirming I have IPv4), the only other suggestions in the email were to do things I've already done. It did suggest I create a UO trace report to send back, but once again getting back in contact with EA support is ridiculous. Responding to the same email address sends back a failed delivery notice, and once again none of the contact options are working. I'm kind of at my wits end.

Message 15 of 15 (463 Views)