Re: PS4 controller on Madden 20 PC?

by UnRevibable

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

yesterday before this new update, nintendo switch pro controller worked perfectly but now its messed up too and PS4 doesnt work at all. EA is garbage.

Message 31 of 43 (3,353 Views)

★ Novice

So Im not sure if this will help anyone but I downloaded ds4 AND Input mapper. I loaded up the game and it worked. 

Message 32 of 43 (3,294 Views)

★★ Novice

Any update from EA on this at all?

Message 33 of 43 (3,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@WeWantGreatness wrote:

So Im not sure if this will help anyone but I downloaded ds4 AND Input mapper. I loaded up the game and it worked. 

Im sure those with actual issues would appreciate an explanation a lot further into what works specifically. I don't personally use a ds4 because i was already aware of the fact it would be a while for support of a Sony product on MS. I know it should make sense to any developer to make the ds4 compatible with all windows based aaa games as a lot of PC users will have a PS4 due to Xbox exclusives all being on PC now, so no real need for an Xbox one. And ps4 does not currently plan to port their Spider-Mans or God of War Series games  And who wants 30 frames anyway! And upscaling .. 

Message 34 of 43 (3,274 Views)

★ Novice

What Im saying is DS4 probably will not work by itself. I used to use ds4 my self but once I downloaded "Inputmapper" plus ds4 the two together worked.

Message 35 of 43 (3,269 Views)

★ Novice

Anything new in this?

I wanted to buy the game but if EA does not want to accept that some people don't have Xbox remote I won't be buying it, already all normal games do have ps4 controller support (including icons) and not having them in my opinion is nonsense.

I will continue checking here if a patch is released for that, so if something happens please inform!!

Thanks!!!

Message 36 of 43 (3,245 Views)

★ Guide

Totally agree. I check with my DS4 after each update. There's been about 6/7 and i dont see any changes. Unfortunate for those without another option. Do not buy if you cannot play it as you'll be to blame for * ing yourself off. 

@Jedi_Knight_Fer wrote:

Anything new in this?

I wanted to buy the game but if EA does not want to accept that some people don't have Xbox remote I won't be buying it, already all normal games do have ps4 controller support (including icons) and not having them in my opinion is nonsense.

I will continue checking here if a patch is released for that, so if something happens please inform!!

Thanks!!!

Message 37 of 43 (3,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@UnRevibable wrote:

Totally agree. I check with my DS4 after each update. There's been about 6/7 and i dont see any changes. Unfortunate for those without another option. Do not buy if you cannot play it as you'll be to blame for * ing yourself off. 

Honestly I have a steam controller that has layout of Xbox and I could use it but I am not that comfortable in Madden with it. And this is also a thing of principles... They do not release with DS4 full compatibility because of classic EA crap, all other new games are having controller compatibility (tomb raider, assassin's creed, etc.) and they don't because it's EA I guess... So until they fix it, I can hold.

Message 38 of 43 (3,228 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

EA won't even respond on here! I'm done with them and will not be continuing my EA access or origin when they expire soon. PC version I just cant get over that my DS4 even though the official sony usb dongle or DS4 refuse to show PS4 button layouts.

EA WHY THE HELL DONT YOU ADD INTO THE MENU OPTIONS CONTROLLER LAYOUT OVERLAYS????????? I DONT UNDETSTAND MADDEN 19 HAD THIS SAME ISSUE AND WHY IS IT OVERLOOKED?

You just lost my $160 a year from this mistake and Anthem wasting 1 month of my time.

Message 39 of 43 (3,168 Views)

★ Guide

Totally agree man  It sucks you cannot play..if you have like twenty bucks you can get a brand new Xbox 360 controller or if you don't finding a sale or thr public marketplace you can snag an Xbox one pad for like 20 used  anf about 30 ish new between something like Amazon or the web market . Good luck  Dont buy til you know you have compatible and/or supported hardware 

Message 40 of 43 (3,057 Views)