Re: PS4 controller on Madden 20 PC?

by UnRevibable

Original Post

★ Novice

I just did this and everything is still completely remapped. like my X button which should be A doesnt even work, my analog sticks are inverted, my X button is L2

Message 21 of 43 (3,503 Views)

★★ Novice
@Wilks2733 i have origin completely closed and let steam open it when it runs madden
Message 22 of 43 (3,476 Views)

Community Manager

@DaDongler wrote:

If you go into DS4 and hide ds4 controller then you can get your ps4 controller to work. It still shows xbox controls but all the buttons work as they are supposed to.

Thank you for sharing the workaround. A forum user from last year's Madden recommended xInput which clones your PS4 controllers to work like Xbox controllers.

We've also seen this work various PS4 users too:

1. Start up DS4 before you start the game. (Keep the controller unplugged)
  2. Start game and select game mode.
  3. Plug controller in.
Blueberry.png
Message 23 of 43 (3,397 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok so i finally got everything working normal. I had to unplug every USB i had attached to my computer. my USB pass through for my monitor was causing my issue where controller would work in main menu and stop working in every game mode i selected from there. Hope this helps people.

Message 24 of 43 (3,356 Views)

★ Guide

Totally agree. As much as I love my Xbox Elite Wireless I'd love to be able to also utilize my PS4 Controller as well for couch co*op when I switch to playing on my 50" in beautiful 4k Ultra 😊 . If you guys/gals want to make a proper PC port, please cater to the possibilities of people wanting to use the other most popular controller with the ICONs. 

Message 25 of 43 (3,285 Views)

★ Guide

@JayBeck22 wrote:

Do we still not have the option to recognize an PS4 controller to match receiver buttons with the PS4 controller instead of it showing Xbox buttons? I don't understand how this isn't in every sport game on PC? Actually mind blowing 

Totally agree. As much as I love my Xbox Elite Wireless I'd love to be able to also utilize my PS4 Controller as well for couch co*op when I switch to playing on my 50" in beautiful 4k Ultra 😊 . If you guys/gals want to make a proper PC port, please cater to the possibilities of people wanting to use the other most popular controller with the ICONs. 

Message 26 of 43 (3,285 Views)

★ Novice

Hey guys. So I recently found a solution to this issue by simply searching on youtube. I will paste the link here. This guy is a life saver Large smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuNk8qZn-7k

Message 27 of 43 (3,273 Views)

★ Guide

Yes this is a workaround ,that works for a host of other games that do not support the DS4 natively. Fortunately Steam is always thinking about EVERY PC gamer. It really shouldn't be a huge surprise this works, as EA makes its main income from consoles. Ask a random console player what Steam is... And they'll say what comes off the pot of water boiling ..  

@AskingRedPanda wrote:

Hey guys. So I recently found a solution to this issue by simply searching on youtube. I will paste the link here. This guy is a life saver Large smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuNk8qZn-7k

Message 28 of 43 (3,253 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@DaDongler wrote:

If you go into DS4 and hide ds4 controller then you can get your ps4 controller to work. It still shows xbox controls but all the buttons work as they are supposed to.

Thank you for sharing the workaround. A forum user from last year's Madden recommended xInput which clones your PS4 controllers to work like Xbox controllers.

We've also seen this work various PS4 users too:

1. Start up DS4 before you start the game. (Keep the controller unplugged)
  2. Start game and select game mode.
  3. Plug controller in.

This is great, but when will you have an update on not having to do all this work around?

Message 29 of 43 (3,223 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yeah this didnt work either.

Message 30 of 43 (2,881 Views)