Re: PS4 controller on Madden 20 PC?

by Wilks2733

Original Post

★★ Novice

Having the same issue, thought it was my programs so i've spent hours trying to figure it out, now looking at the forums it's clearly EA's fault! It worked at the begnining with the ps4 controller now it uses R2 as A (X) and the joysticks are reversed, please EA fixed this i got premiun just for ur game

Message 11 of 43 (3,971 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here. I can't play with the ps4 controller

Message 12 of 43 (3,965 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Glad I'm not the only one. This is really frustrating, like wtf EA

Message 13 of 43 (3,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I too ran into this issue but I seem to have found a work around (for now) and at least get my controller to work but still has the xbox inputs (showing x,y,b etc but its better than it not working). 

Ill just list the steps I did and hopefully it works for everybody else

1) Add Madden 20 as a non steam game on steam

2) Plug in your ps4 controller and turn on DS4 (idk about xinput i use ds4 personally)

3) Open big picture mode on steam and run madden from there

Your controller should work from there and you'll be able to play but like i mentioned it will be with xbox mappings

It sucks that we have to do this and EA really needs to fix this issue so we dont have to go nine miles just to use a ps4 controller with origin and madden

Message 14 of 43 (3,862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Saints - did you purchase the game already - or are you playing the Trial version?

Message 15 of 43 (3,853 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm playing on the origin premier access

Message 16 of 43 (3,837 Views)

★ Novice

Tried this and it still won't work for me, Everything is still unmapped and unplayable. Actually a joke this could even happen

Message 17 of 43 (3,828 Views)

★★ Novice

Only other thing i could say is make sure origin is closed when you run madden 20. I noticed when i still had it open it did the same thing as before

Message 18 of 43 (3,817 Views)

★ Novice

If you go into DS4 and hide ds4 controller then you can get your ps4 controller to work. It still shows xbox controls but all the buttons work as they are supposed to.

Message 19 of 43 (3,709 Views)

★★ Novice
@saintsforever23 Do you mean just minimized? Because fully closed wont even allow the game to run.
Message 20 of 43 (3,677 Views)