Re: PS4 controller not working with Origin on PC

by zekey24

Original Post

★ Novice

Pro controller works with it? Awesome! I always use my pro controller to play pc games! The only pc game I cannot play with a switch controller is fortnite. But I like battlefront more!

Message 11 of 36 (9,094 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
is there any way to get it so that the buttons change for ps4 too or nah??
Message 12 of 36 (8,549 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
PC goes nuts by running a client in a client :/ and i have very high end stuff. 1070ti and i7-8700k. Is there ANY other way other than having to get an xbox controller?
Message 13 of 36 (8,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did this and it does not work. Any minor detail I may be missing?

Message 14 of 36 (8,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For the adding steam to origin thing make sure you completely exit origin before trying this

Message 15 of 36 (7,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what do u mean by add Origin to Steam? How do you do that?

Message 16 of 36 (7,538 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@AWM_Darkhelmet this doesnt work anymore i believe.
Message 17 of 36 (7,081 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@nicholaslee500 there's an option to add non steam games. You can track pretty much any app from there and you should add Origin. After that you open steam in big picture mode and run origin. Origin will pop up and with the mouse you click on the game you want to play and run it. This would allow you to use controller as if you were playing a steam game. Problem is i tried it recently and i couldnt make it work. I used it before with any problem.
Message 18 of 36 (7,080 Views)

★ Apprentice

I actually moved away from this method I bought a new adapter called an 8bitdo. Its $20 on amazon, and its amazing. It recognizes any controller, and you can act like any coontroller is different. For example I use my ps4 controller and Switch controller, but I set them as X-Input, and it works for every single app, origin, steam, even Microsoft games like Forza. Its worth the $20 

Message 19 of 36 (7,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi there, im confused if the dongle works on origin when playing fifa. Because especially with the FIFA 20 DEMO I got problems making my PS4 Controller working properly with it.

Message 20 of 36 (7,003 Views)