Re: PS4 controller not working with Origin on PC

by samurai_manny

Original Post

PS4 controller not working with Origin on PC

★★★ Novice
I use a PS4 controller for my PC. On Steam it works with their controller configuration, but with Origin I have to use DS4 windows, except it doesn't work, I stopped the service and whilst playing fifa 17 I found out that it's already mapped a few buttons, but the circle button is set to both A and B (from Xbox controller) i tried this on a friend's computer (who doesn't own either controllers and has never had a controller plugged into his pc) and it had the same result, what do I do?
Message 1 of 36 (140,880 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@HYDMER this steps will help you for you origin PS4 controller problem .

1) Install the latest xbox-360-controller-for-windows drivers

2)Download the latest version of the DS4 to XInput Wrapper

3)Unzip the files to a folder on your hard drive and Run ScpDriver.exe from the Virtual Bus Driver folder and click install.

4)Connect the DualShock 4 through bluetooth or USB (Hold the PS logo and share button until the light bar flashes rapidly to allow the controller to sync.

5)Start ScpServer.exe and click Start

6)The controller will appear on top of list (up-to four controllers can be connected).

7)Using the options you are able to adjust the color of the light bar using RGB, turn on/off rumble and adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad

Best regards!

Manny

--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Message 2 of 36 (140,775 Views)

★★★ Novice

@samurai_manny I did everything up to step 5, when I launched the program, it said it couldn't find any controllers, even tho it is connected and on.

Message 3 of 36 (140,756 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@HYDMER 

in DS4Windows, press "stop" which will stop the driver. then check the box labeled "hide DS4" and then press the button labeled "start" to start the driver back up. this will fix the issue you are having.

the main problem is that NFS is detecting some of the inputs from the controller, as well as the DS4 tool, and they are conflicting. Hope this helps.

Best regards!

Manny

--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Message 4 of 36 (140,748 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
ds4windows is broken and doesn't actually work cos its a pile of *
Message 5 of 36 (123,921 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay here is how to make the Dualshock 4 to work on ALL Origin Games

Step 1. add Origin to Steam

2.) Open Steam through big picture mode

3.) Launch Origin through big picture mode, while the controller is ON

Thats it, after you do those easy steps the controller will be recognized as a Xbox one controller on Every Origin game that has X-Input.

Hope this helped!

Message 6 of 36 (121,363 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks! Never thought of opening a client in a client :-)
Message 7 of 36 (120,149 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah its a weird fix, but it works with really low input lag so cant go wrong with that lol. I also just tried it with my Switch pro controller and the gyro works amazing with it, so its worth a shot!

Message 8 of 36 (120,044 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this but it doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something? Should I have XBOX 360 controller support enabled in Steam or just DS4 support?

Message 9 of 36 (118,909 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks
Message 10 of 36 (118,630 Views)