PS4 controller not being recognized on NFS Unbound

by effone

Original Post

PS4 Controller still doesnt work

★★★★★ Novice

Thought PS4 Controller or controller in general would work after release. This is still not the case, you cant even to smth, every button is messed up 'A' is 'R2' ?? You cannot drive because you always see the front of your car till you plug out the controller then it gets his normal view. Is day one patch planned or do i need to buy a new controller to play ?

Message 11 of 29 (2,081 Views)

Re: PS4 Controller still doesnt work

★★★★★ Newbie
@Qu11cc I have the same problem
Message 12 of 29 (1,978 Views)

Re: PS4 controller not being recognized on NFS Unbound

★★★★★ Novice

EA sports i downloaded the EA trail for NFS UNBOUND I am a member but the free trail for UNBOUND HAS A 🔐 SYMBOL BY IT.. IT TOLD ME I HAD 10HRS BUT NOT WORKING 

Same problem bro

Message 13 of 29 (1,968 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the issue with the Xbox Elite2 controller. I can navigate the menus normally (Tho it still shows keyboard inputs in the prompts. Once I go into the game and attempt to control the car, the left thumbstick just moves the camera around the car and no button is mapped for accelerate. Button remapping would fix this issue. 

Message 14 of 29 (1,895 Views)

★ Guide

I'm just finally sitting down to play this and my eSwapX Pro won't even work. It works on the launch screen to advance to the title screen, but beyond that it won't do anything.

How does a game launch without basic controller functionality? How's that even possible? The icons don't even change.

Message 15 of 29 (1,874 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem, i paid 70 euro for this game cant even play normal

@Qu11cc wrote:

Thought PS4 Controller or controller in general would work after release. This is still not the case, you cant even to smth, every button is messed up 'A' is 'R2' ?? You cannot drive because you always see the front of your car till you plug out the controller then it gets his normal view. Is day one patch planned or do i need to buy a new controller to play ?

@Qu11cc wrote:

Message 16 of 29 (1,837 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ive tried both controllers and both do not work. why cant you just release a working game on launch.. Try play testing games before releasing them, on multiple different systems.

Also cannot play with key board and mouse, car doesn't accelerate and is stuck at 60 mph, with brake light on and car goes by itself, if I'm not giving an input.

Message 17 of 29 (1,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you find a fix?

Message 18 of 29 (1,765 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, unfortunately I don't have any updates around the PS4 controllers, but I just wanted to nip in to address some other raised issues in the thread 

@NachOopschoSix Can you try updating your controller firmware?

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller#:~:t....

As for using the keyboard, we do have this thread on the ghost input issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ACCELARTION-AND-BRAKE-STUCK/m-p/12102878#M219

@dontarius14 Usually the trial is grabbed from the Standard Edition store page. What system are you on? Can you try resetting your device then double checking that you're on the account with the active EA Play membership, then check again?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 19 of 29 (1,753 Views)

★★ Novice

David,

I updated the xbox elite 2 firmware. Nothing changed. 

Message 20 of 29 (1,684 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help