Re: PS4 Controller still doesnt work

by saucyduckling

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

So i tested a little bit the solutions from other threads and found a way to play with PS4 Controller, it is working for me but its not guaranteed to work for you.

So first of all i did some changes in the controller settings in Steam, go into Steam -> Settings -> Controller -> "General Controller Settings".

In there you see some Options i enabled Playstation and Xbox Configuration support, then Steam forces you to restart.

After the restart when Steam is active and you have plugged in your PS4 controller it should light up and stay like that.

If these steps are done you need to add ea app as a non steam game. And run it.

Then select nfs unbound and test it. It worked for me Standard smile

If anything is unclear im happy to answer the question.

Message 21 of 29 (4,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Edit:

Ok its working with new patch. Large smile

Hi, 

i tried all the steps... nothing is working.

The same issues like the other players.

This is ridiculous...

A lot of people bought the game and cant play it because of controller issues or stupid work arounds....

Every game i own works with the PS4 controller.... only the stupid EA App cant handle it....

Last EA game i bought....

Message 22 of 29 (4,246 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Playing on EA app with a DualShock 4 with DS4Windows this is the only thing that finally worked for me, running the EA Desktop app through Steam, thanks. Very awkward process though, took me hours to find a working solution so i can start playing the game.

Message 23 of 29 (4,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

friend how did you manage to do that? launch ea through steam?

Message 24 of 29 (4,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Folks, yes... you can call me your savior.

finally after trying everything i got it, i got the game through ea play i got because of xbox game pass, and my ds4 was not working at all, here is the solution:

First you need to have ds4 windows installed and configured>
Then you will open steam (yes, even if your game is ea play steam will save you, trust me.) on steam you will go to "LIBRARY"> "+Add Game"> then you will search for the program: "App Recovery" (which is the EA PLAY application> after that you will return to the initial part of steam, in the upper left corner you will click on "Steam">"Settings">"Control">"General Settings"> then you must enable the option "Enable Playstation controller setting" and "Enable xbox controller setting">

After all that, just connect your controller as you always do, and NA STEAM open the "App Recovery" that will open ea play, then just start the game normally and your controller will work.
I know the tutorial was a bit blunt, but follow the step by step and it will work.
thank me later ;D

Message 25 of 29 (4,030 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Didn’t work

Message 26 of 29 (3,974 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
@J4RENN I’m just slow, I had ds4 open lol. It works. You’re goated
Message 27 of 29 (3,969 Views)

Re: PS4 controller not being recognized on NFS Unbound

★★★ Newbie

Will PS5 controller ever work with PC version?

Message 28 of 29 (3,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

100% worked you are a savior, thank you

Message 29 of 29 (1,708 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help