Re: PS4 child account login issues

by Bandee3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 child account login issues

★★★ Newbie

My son is trying to play Rocket Arena on his child account on PS4. When he opens the game it doesn’t allow him to play with the error message or cannot access EA servers. No option to acknowledge the TOS or use credentials to login. 

I have PS+ on the main account on the PS4 and I am able to open the game and login with my EA account. security restrictions on the PS 4 only restrict him from playing mature games. 

is there something else I need to do? Please help. 

Message 1 of 14 (25,062 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Is your son younger than than the 12 age limit.  We found on PS4 a problem with Battlefield 2 that even when you set open access to any game in PS4 settings the online part of the game itself will not work for those under the age limit.  This may be the same with Rocket Arena.  Rocket Arena is working for my son.  I have the PS Plus on my account and he can play it on his.  His age is 13 though which is why I offer this suggestion for the cause.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (24,989 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Is your son younger than than the 12 age limit.  We found on PS4 a problem with Battlefield 2 that even when you set open access to any game in PS4 settings the online part of the game itself will not work for those under the age limit.  This may be the same with Rocket Arena.  Rocket Arena is working for my son.  I have the PS Plus on my account and he can play it on his.  His age is 13 though which is why I offer this suggestion for the cause.

Message 2 of 14 (24,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Were you able to find a fix to this problem?  What you are describing is exactly the same problem I have.

Message 3 of 14 (24,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same for my son's account. Got it to work for me but he keeps getting stuck at 4 of 11 on his account. Frustrating as he's really wanting to play.

All his settings are fully open so nothing there restricting it.  This is set as my primary PS4 with PS+ active.  He's able to play other EA and online games without issue.

Message 4 of 14 (24,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am on Xbox and am currently getting an invalid account error message. I just got this game as it was advertised for 5 bucks... Haven't been able to play it. I also changed my password for my EA account thinkin that may be the issue, but to not avail, still cannot play.

Message 5 of 14 (23,526 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem with my kids PSN account not getting access to Rocket Arena with no restrictions. Pretty frustrating, another reason not to buy EA games...

Message 6 of 14 (23,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever resolve the issue, as am having the same problems and EA so difficult to contact.

Message 7 of 14 (22,101 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there!

Do you folks still have problems when trying to log in with the PS4 child account or have you been able to resolve this? 

@scallionreborn If you want to contact EA Help, you can do so via our contact web-form. If you have issues with this, please let me know! Standard smile 

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 14 (21,956 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I'm still having a problem and I'd really like to understand. My child's account has no issues playing any other games, offline or online, because I have updated the settings for that account using the PSN account management.

Can anyone explain why EA games don't work online, while others do? What is the specific issue preventing EA games from being played online, and why does this only apply to EA games and not games from any other publisher? Would appreciate some customer service.

Message 9 of 14 (16,973 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same exact problem here as OP. Game is on PS plus this week, dont understand why he cant play when i have all game restrictions turned off. Glad to see Trash Ea is still Trash. 

Message 10 of 14 (10,733 Views)