Not able to log in

by JelloMcF

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 - Unable to connect to EA Servers

★★★ Novice

Hello!

Thankfully, I have had no major problems with Apex Legends so far! However, since yesterday I am unable to play the game. I'm stuck on the home screen with the message "Unable to connect to EA Servers. Please check your Internet connection, make sure Origin is online and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for more information."

The steps I have done so far:

• Tried to change servers.
  • Checked to see that my Wi-Fi was working correctly. Even rebooted it for good measure.
  • Re-installed the game hoping it would solve the issue.

Weirdly enough, I have managed to get in a few times by changing servers, though this rarely works. However in this case, after one game, I either get stuck post-game with a black loading screen, or I'm in the lobby unable to play another round (Stuck on "Party not ready" even though it's just me).

Any advice/help would be welcome!

Message 1 of 5 (17,092 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4 - Unable to connect to EA Servers

★★★ Novice

Hi! Thank you for the quick response!

Fortunately, the issue seems to have resolved itself during the afternoon. I am not too sure how exactly, but for those having the same issue as I did, here are the last things I did:

- I rebooted the router again.

- I had already tried to manually change the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8, but that hadn't worked. So I tried changing the secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4

- Also, important to mention that my PS4 was being quite slow to connect to the PSN for some reason. Seems to have resolved itself at the same time as the game started working again.

Thank you again!

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (17,061 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Wroggly 

Thanks for adding the steps on what you've already tried and sorry to hear about the trouble you've been experiencing since yesterday. Have you tried the connection steps in the link below and a power cycle?

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (17,068 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! Thank you for the quick response!

Fortunately, the issue seems to have resolved itself during the afternoon. I am not too sure how exactly, but for those having the same issue as I did, here are the last things I did:

- I rebooted the router again.

- I had already tried to manually change the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8, but that hadn't worked. So I tried changing the secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4

- Also, important to mention that my PS4 was being quite slow to connect to the PSN for some reason. Seems to have resolved itself at the same time as the game started working again.

Thank you again!

Message 3 of 5 (17,062 Views)

Not able to log in

★★★ Newbie

I’m not able to play Apex Legends because it says My account is not permitted to play online even though I was able to play every day and my Xbox live stopped 6 months ago. I don’t want to risk losing everything if I uninstall and reinstall. 

This problem just happened yesterday and I was in a game but it kicked me out and said I’m not permitted even though I didn’t do anything wrong. And solutions will help. 

Message 4 of 5 (16,667 Views)

Re: Not able to log in

★★★ Newbie

Yo same thing just happened to me it’s saying my account number is invalid and not letting me play online ea games 

Message 5 of 5 (12,431 Views)