[PS4] Severe frame drops after the first hotfix for Season 4

by DeathRaven_1983

Original Post

[PS4] Severe frame drops after the first hotfix for Season 4

★★ Guide

When Season 4 was initially released, the game was able to run at 60 FPS in majority of the map.

But ever since the first hotfix patch was released, which was supposed to fix stuttering on Xbox, I have been experiencing severe frame drops.

In quite a few areas of the map, e.g. Epic Center, Geysers, Dome, Planet Harvester, Capitol, Lava Fissure, even there’s no other players in my vicinity, the frame rate would drop to around 30.

When in a close-range fight, the frame rate would drop to below 20 and the fire rate, muzzle velocity and hit detection of all of the weapons are messed up.

From the feedback of the community, only part of PS4 players are having this issue.

The same inconsistency has happened before in Season 2, where a friend of mine, who has a different PS4 model from mine, did not have frame drops.

Currently the game is literally unplayable for me and other players who have this issue. Please have a look at it and fix it as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 5 (288 Views)

Re: [PS4] Severe frame drops after the first hotfix for Season 4

Community Manager

Hey @DeathRaven_1983

I want to try some troubleshooting to see if we can help out with these FPS drops you've been seeing. 

Do you have Apex Legends installed on an external hard drive, or is it installed on the internal drive on your PS4? If it's on an external drive could you try moving it over to the internal drive to see if that helps at all? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (250 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Kent It’s installed on the vanilla internal HDD.
Message 3 of 5 (237 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Kent Thanks for adding two additional JP servers. The frame rate drop is much more less now. It can be confirmed that the servers were heavily overloaded.
Message 4 of 5 (169 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DeathRaven_1983

Thanks for following up on this. I'm glad to hear it's improved for you! Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (163 Views)