PS4 - STILL massive stuttering after May 23 update (since April 30th)

by Adman_Tor

Original Post

Re: PS4 - STILL massive stuttering after May 23 update (since April 30th)

EA DICE Team
Hey everyone, 

I don't have any new update with me today, but our teams are looking to the performance problems on all platforms. 

I'll let you know as soon as I get an update we can share.

/Atic 
Message 51 of 101 (926 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Past two nights have been smooth gameplay on Ps4 pro,  probably about 90% of the time!  I’m not sure if you guys changed anything but it’s a lot better👍🏻

Message 52 of 101 (917 Views)

★ Guide
I feel the same way too
Message 53 of 101 (903 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

PS4 with wired internet connection, 1Gbps download and 200 Mb upload.

Yesterday night tried to bring down PS4 resolution to 720p and even disabled HDR to see if anything would change but nothing seems to help.

Do you have an ETA for the solution ?

Message 54 of 101 (888 Views)

★★ Pro

It's obviously a top priority for DICE/EA. Watched a video by LevelCap and he is also reporting this issue on his TOP performance PC. Considering how many bugs pop up with each update I'm sure it will take a while to address this without breaking the game even further.

SMH...

Message 55 of 101 (883 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still stutering ! 

Fix that * ! ! ! 

Message 56 of 101 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know how many of you guys have try to play BFV this weekend but game play has been absolutely horrendous and getting worse. Other players just seemingly disappear then re appear in a completely different area because the stuttering and fps drops have gotten so bad. I can deal with the small bugs, but what is going on that make these issue get worse by the day? I just got out of a match where my 13 players quit, just guessing, due to performance (The sever was running terrible). 19 vs 32 on Breakthrough attacking team is not fun. Not hearing from DICE what is causing this or what they are doing to remedy the situation is not fun either. How do you expect to hold on to new players to this franchise when the game is running like this and you don't even explain what's going on? 

Message 57 of 101 (788 Views)

★★ Pro

@TheOriginalNY98   Unfortunately the TTD/Insta-death bug is also still a major issue that causes a lot of rage-quits as well. I'm pretty fed up with this game right now.

Message 58 of 101 (742 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Adman_Tor  the most frustrating aspect off all this in my opinion , very little to no information from DICE. Their silence is deafening and I feel like their silence is also an answer on how they feel about the community. It’s not right leaving us all hanging with the standard “ we are looking into it” I feel like all players on all platforms having this issue should get a better explanation on what’s going on and how/when they plan on remedying the situation 

Message 59 of 101 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@TheOriginalNY98So true. To that exact point - I keep trying to report that there is STILL an issue with TTD and insta-deaths (one frame deaths) and they keep ignoring it. After one patch where they said they fixed it - they won't even listen to any more dialogue about it anymore. It's ridiculous.

It's obviously not fixed as it's still happening to me, people I talk to and streamers that I watch. BUT since it was included in patch notes one time - there won't be any more discussion about it.

Message 60 of 101 (709 Views)