Re: PS4 - STILL massive stuttering after May 23 update (since April 30th)

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@xTWENTYxONEx I don’t know what you want to call it but I am experiencing frame drops/lag/stuttering on my PS4 noticeable only since the May 23rd update, in every map especially the new Mercury one, making it unplayable.
Message 71 of 101 (1,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@xTWENTYxONEx wrote:

Hey, @EA_Blueberry and @EA_Atic  , thanks again for all your help...but I want to hopefully clear up any confusion on this issue.

Just so we are clear, the microstuttering - on consoles - is a separate issue from the big frame rate/FPS drops during heavy action...correct?

@Adman_Tor @TheOriginalNY98 @smallworms  @nlcautela 

We are tracking Microstuttering and is a high priority.

Per PartWelsh:

Something that we wasn't able to work into this update was a resolution to the Stuttering issues encountered by Players. I chatted with the teams about this last week, and our Engineers believe that they're making good progress on the problem. We'll have more updates about this the instant that we can provide them. For now we just wanted to ensure that you understood that we view this as a High Priority for us to fix, but will not be addressed as a part of Update #5.

@Adman_Tor  We really do appreciate your bug reports as you are one of the most active Battlefield fans here that contribute weekly. Your efforts do not go unnoticed. These reports are sent to DICE and they have to make decisions on what issues to prioritize. "Severity" is one that really stands out for me. There is a lot that goes into it which Braddock512 broke down for the community here:

Issue Identification and Communication Process
But before we dive into the top issues that we're working on this week, it's important to detail the process in which we identify, prioritize, and begin to address them. The process we've adopted is as follows:

• Identify Issues – Pulling from all sources to determine all outstanding game issues, including and not limited to social channels, customer support teams, direct from the community, in-game data, internal bug trackers, community-maintained bug trackers, etc.
  • Define Severity – Determine severity of each issue based on the number of players affected and the impact to systems (economy, retention, game experience, etc.).
  • Weekly Syncs – Community and Development teams meet frequently to circle on latest issues, set priorities, and establish timelines.
  • Community Communication – Provide the community with insight on issues we are prioritizing for the week and an ETA on proposed fix.
  • Issue Resolution Communication – Once we've resolved an issue, we'll let you know!

Blueberry.png
Message 72 of 101 (1,138 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

Thanks for the reply but maybe I was not clear: 

The stuttering is a completely separate issue from the major frame rate drops and I keep seeing everyone refer to them being one in the same. Again, it's nice to know that the Dev team is working to fix the microstutter but what about the frame rate issues? That should be priority right now along with the microstutter since all platforms are having this problem.

It would be nice to see these acknowledged as separate issues since many are experiencing the FPS problems but are NOT experiencing the microstutter.

Again, thank you very much for all your efforts and help here!

Message 73 of 101 (1,054 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@xTWENTYxONEx wrote:

@EA_Blueberry 

Thanks for the reply but maybe I was not clear: 

The stuttering is a completely separate issue from the major frame rate drops and I keep seeing everyone refer to them being one in the same. Again, it's nice to know that the Dev team is working to fix the microstutter but what about the frame rate issues? That should be priority right now along with the microstutter since all platforms are having this problem.

It would be nice to see these acknowledged as separate issues since many are experiencing the FPS problems but are NOT experiencing the microstutter.

Again, thank you very much for all your efforts and help here!

This is exactly what I'm talking about also. That little micro stutter is nothing compared to the massive fps drops in game. That small little pause after some kills, I can deal with that. That's peanuts compared to what we are talking about. It's when you're in a fire fight at a choke point that its the worst. Players you're shooting at disappear then reappear in a different area because your frames dropped so low the game can't keep up with everyone else. It's unacceptable that so many players across all platforms have this problem and we are still here, June 7th dealing with a issue that started the 30th of April. A roll back on the updates should have been considered to fix it. It was done that one time the TTK was changed when no one asked for it. I understand issues like these can't be fixed in a day, but its been 38 days of this. Not one person I know plays this game anymore specifically because of this problem

Message 74 of 101 (1,023 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How come there is no solution at sight for this issue ?

This was introduced by the last patch in late May, shouldn’t this be enough to investigate and solve the problem ASAP ???

You guys make us wish for October to come quickly so we can jump on call of duty.

Message 75 of 101 (924 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Still zero new communication about these issues...Nobody on my friends list plays BFV anymore because it's so messed up. A majority of them  just deleted the game off their consoles. If killing the community was a goal for DICE, they've reached it and then some. But keep making those new trailers tho guys. It's gonna be a blast playing all the new maps at 5 fps

Message 76 of 101 (902 Views)

★ Guide

I played yesterday on PS4 and it was almost unplayable. The game rarely kept stable 30 fps, most of the time it felt like less then 20 fps. Please fix it.

Message 77 of 101 (864 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You know what really sucks about this situation we all have? I played the new Outpost mode and I'm hooked on it. It's an amazing mode that I'm hoping stays. Problem is, I only play a handful of rounds before I can't take the fps drops. I can't understand with all the people having these issues, fixing these problems were not made a priority so we could enjoy the new content and modes. Outpost, is the most fun I've had playing this game since its inception. It would be amazing if we could all play it without the problems. @EA_Blueberry  is there any new news about a fix that incoming? 

Message 78 of 101 (815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Still stuttering ! Very desapointed !  The community ignored again ! 

Message 79 of 101 (796 Views)

Community Manager

@TheOriginalNY98 

I'm afraid there's no news to share at this moment. The team has FPS/lag/suttering/freezing listed as a high priority though. We'll share what we can when we can as soon as possible. 

Blueberry.png
Message 80 of 101 (734 Views)