Re: PS4 - STILL massive stuttering after May 23 update (since April 30th)

by Adman_Tor

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I think I found a fix guys.I cleared BFV Cache and its been running smooth for hours. I hope this helps you guys out. For PS4:

1. Go to settings

2. Select Application Saved Data Management 

3. Select Saved Data In System Storage

4. Select Delete

5. Select BFV

6. Select BFV and hit delete

This is going to set everything back to factory in the game. It's going to be like firing it up for the first time when you have to select brightness, plays the intro, ect. I've played a bunch of 64 player matches so far with zero stutter and very minimal fps drops. I don't know how to clear the cache for Xbox or pc. I'd post it if I knew. I hope this helps you guys. It been working great for me. Good luck!

Message 61 of 101 (863 Views)

Community Manager

@TheOriginalNY98 wrote:

I think I found a fix guys.I cleared BFV Cache and its been running smooth for hours. I hope this helps you guys out. For PS4:

1. Go to settings

2. Select Application Saved Data Management 

3. Select Saved Data In System Storage

4. Select Delete

5. Select BFV

6. Select BFV and hit delete

This is going to set everything back to factory in the game. It's going to be like firing it up for the first time when you have to select brightness, plays the intro, ect. I've played a bunch of 64 player matches so far with zero stutter and very minimal fps drops. I don't know how to clear the cache for Xbox or pc. I'd post it if I knew. I hope this helps you guys. It been working great for me. Good luck!

@TheOriginalNY98 

Thanks for sharing that! Glad it's working better for you.

We've actually seen some reports that clearing the cache improved performance afterwards, but we cannot fully confirm this as a viable workaround solution that will yield the same results for everyone. 

Blueberry.png
Message 62 of 101 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry You're very welcome. I hope this works for everyone else. I had very minimal fps and stutter (if any) for 3 hours after I did it. For those who have the problems in this thread, I knew as soon as I got into a breakthrough game it worked. Hope you guys have the same luck. 

Message 63 of 101 (848 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok .... good but I dont want to clear my cache anytime I want to play to this game. We need a FIX  ! 

But thank you for the tips ! 

Message 64 of 101 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@smallworms I only did it once and so far so good. However, I'm downloading today's patch right now so who knows whats gonna happen. Could go right back to stuttering and fps drops

Message 65 of 101 (789 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@TheOriginalNY98  ok I will test this patch right now Standard smile 

Message 66 of 101 (780 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The game have less stutering except in a place with a many player at same location. 

Then,  need a another patch haha 

Message 67 of 101 (764 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@smallworms I noticed that too. It was working fine yesterday after I cleared the cache, now today its stuttering again where there is a lot of action. It's too bad, I was really enjoying the game again for a few hours lol 

Message 68 of 101 (750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hey, @EA_Blueberry and @EA_Atic  , thanks again for all your help...but I want to hopefully clear up any confusion on this issue.

Just so we are clear, the microstuttering - on consoles - is a separate issue from the big frame rate/FPS drops during heavy action...correct?

@Adman_Tor @TheOriginalNY98 @smallworms  @nlcautela 

Message 69 of 101 (709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@xTWENTYxONEx- I'm done with BFV until all of the bugs are sorted, until we get the level cap increase and until all of those new maps are available.I've been going back to older games and the gaming experience is Soooo much better. No stress... no frustration.

@EA_Blueberry I tried powering through all of this BS and coming here to report bugs. BUT many of the major bugs that I'm reporting go ignored so I don't think they will ever be fixed.

See you all in 6-8 months or so...

Message 70 of 101 (699 Views)