Accepted Solution

PS4 Pro - Error CE-34878-0

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Start Menu
Please select your region Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America, Other
On which server did this happen? all
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.11.18 20:30
Summarize your bug I try to enter the game normally, but before accessing the second screen (in PS4 is after pressing X) jumps the blue screen with the error CE-34878- 0, I thought it could be something timely reset the console and continued
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is also common, with the code of error in "Google" plus the name of the game and there are thousands of posts about it, but lately above all with BF1 and BFV cases increased in exponent form.
What happens when the bug occurs? the game stop working
What should be happening instead? start normally

Hello dear: With both, as mentioned I was a while without playing the BF1 when I returned it updated and enter the game normally, but before accessing the second screen (in PS4 is after pressing X) jumps the blue screen with the error CE-34878- 0, I thought it could be something timely reset the console and continued. I left it aside, since I was playing another game, when the public beta of the BFV was enabled I downloaded it and the same problem .... again I say it's a beta, sure in the final version it will be requested. With all the illusion of enjoying the BFV I ordered the Deluxe Version, and wait until 14/11 to start playing ... and my fears became reality pay 80 dollars and I can not play the game.

I did everything indicated by SONY and EA / DICE, restore the factory console, erase all the data, I downloaded the game again (I only did it with the BFV) and nothing.

As I told the support operators, my console works perfectly, since I play all the new games just released as the Red Dead Redemption 2 and Spiderman, Destiny 2 without any problem.

It is also common, with the code of error in "Google" plus the name of the game and there are thousands of posts about it, but lately above all with BF1 and BFV cases increased in exponent form.

I hope that the error can be solved,  And I'm not enjoying playing with my friends the game I love playing, I can play it on PC or XBOX but my clan and friends are on PS4.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (2,641 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4 Pro - Error CE-34878-0

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Ever_Nunes,

Not sure if you've tried these as well with Sony Support, but here's another helpful article:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/error-codes/ce-34878-0/

Thanks Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (2,568 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Ever_Nunes,

Sorry to hear about this.

I was able to find some steps that might assist you with this:

https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-resource/fix-ps4-error-code-ce-34878-0.html

Let us know if any of these work for you.

Thank you Standard smile 

★★★ Newbie
Thank you for taking your time to try to help me.
But before going to support Sony and EA, I went looking for help on the web and all these options I already tried, and in more than one opportunity, the problem is software, once again I repeat, I have more than 50 games and only 2 games that have problem are Battlefield 1 and 5.

I am quite upset and disappointed by the response received from the support and from not being able to play the game.

Since 14/11 when I could start playing the deluxe version, I do not play the console because it makes me feel bad to see all my friends play BFV and I can not play. And not even buying a new console I make sure not to have this problem, in the forums there are users with consoles 0km with the same problem.
Message 3 of 9 (2,587 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Ever_Nunes,

Not sure if you've tried these as well with Sony Support, but here's another helpful article:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/error-codes/ce-34878-0/

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Novice

This is occurring on my PS4 Pro whenever I join an Outpost game mode. Other game modes I've tested work fine.

Message 5 of 9 (1,053 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@BlackedOutLT1 Same thing is happening to me again on outpost, this happened last month too when the weekly mission was on outpost, I posted on these forums along with other having the same issue, but we didn't get any replys.
Message 6 of 9 (1,031 Views)

★★★ Novice

That figures! Yeah I recall it happening last time on Outpost too. Just didn't think to narrow it down to that have mode then. Pretty bad when a game mode is breaking the system and they keep rotating it in. 

Message 7 of 9 (1,013 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Very poor, they did fix it eventually after a few days but nothing was mentioned, it just started to work again.

Message 8 of 9 (985 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I have the same issue but I think I have narrowed it down to only happen on outpost when using my Sony Platinum headset, I thought my headset might be the issue because it worked earlier today when I wasn't in a chat with friends and just having the sound via the TV, but tonight when in chat it kept crashing again, so I turned the headset off and it worked as normal, as soon as I flicked the headset back on it crashed straight away, so I've gone back to my old PS gold headset and no problems. 

Anybody else with issues using their headset at the same time?
Message 9 of 9 (936 Views)