PS4 Packet Loss & Freezing

by seldg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 Packet Loss & Freezing

★★★ Newbie

Initially with an internet test on the PS4, my internet speed is decent enough at 20-30 Mbps and when I'm in the Apex menu the ping is fairly low at around 30-40 and it says 0% packet loss. However, when I'm in-game I get the icons on top that deal with packet loss and latency. I also have a few moments wherein I freeze or rubber band. I've had better games with slower internet speed actually, so I'm kind of confused.

This has been going on for a while now. Is there any fix for this? Or what could be the root of the problem? I've already tried changing my DNS. I'm on a wireless connection because the internet source is too far for a wired connection.

Message 1 of 3 (771 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4 Packet Loss & Freezing

Community Manager

Hi there, @seldg.

The problem is that you're on a wireless connection. Wireless is unreliable and prone to disconnects/lag. Especially when the signal has to travel through walls and/or floors. This gets worse when there are other devices sharing the same connection. It's worse still when anyone is streaming media while you're playing. Until you get wired, or at a minimum, closer to the router, this will continue to happen. You can try changing the wireless channel you're using. That may help. Also, try researching a powerline adaptor. This has been an excellent solution for many that are too far for a wired connection.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (719 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @seldg.

The problem is that you're on a wireless connection. Wireless is unreliable and prone to disconnects/lag. Especially when the signal has to travel through walls and/or floors. This gets worse when there are other devices sharing the same connection. It's worse still when anyone is streaming media while you're playing. Until you get wired, or at a minimum, closer to the router, this will continue to happen. You can try changing the wireless channel you're using. That may help. Also, try researching a powerline adaptor. This has been an excellent solution for many that are too far for a wired connection.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 3 (720 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, @seldg 

I had the same problem, Telecom has bad routing to EA server.

DewVPN helped me (you can set up this VPN for selected Apps, so only apex and origin it is for me).

Im from Slovakia and using VPN set for country- Czech republic. When tried countries which are further away from me like Germany, I couldnt even join EA servers..

Last 5 days are finaly without mental breakdown and sadness, hope it stays that way.

When packet loss shows up again, I just restart this VPN (set it to use it on all Apps) and after reconnect its ok, it reconnects you faster than ALT+F4, so you can reconnect mid air during the start of the game :D epic fix right, took me 2 months to figure it out :D

Message 3 of 3 (670 Views)