PS4 New game update required.

by jamesruport

Original Post

Re: PS4 New game update required.

Hero (Retired)

@gontuts, have you read the posts above yours? Wink

@Pvt_Wily_Stroker most likely has given the answer to your problem, there might be not enough space on your HDD.

Delete some GBs and the Update should start automatically Standard smile

Message 21 of 42 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks!!!
Message 22 of 42 (1,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They are taking the *, a 26GB update just to play MP. That's fine if you have a decent Internet connection but not everyone does. Imaging having a 2MB Internet connection then reinstalling the game ect becomes a real pain in the *.

Message 23 of 42 (1,741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having same issue. It wouldn't update because of storage space. I needed another 2Gb or something, I deleted some game info and updates commenced. Do the same and order a flashdrive for more space.

Message 24 of 42 (1,711 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Go to the bf1 icon an instead of starting the game go down into the drop down menu. There shud be 4 boxes the 4th being PlayStation store. Then go across an you should see add ons and select that. It's shud then send a notification to download. If you haven't got a premium pass then it might not work.
Message 25 of 42 (1,702 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I was just playing battlefield 1 yesterday and this morning I turn on my PS4 to play and I get " A New Game Update is Required" "You must update to the latest version to play online." "See HTTP://help.ea.com/article/not-able-to-connect-to-online-play for additional information" I went to the link and it's not helping at all. How do I look for updates for battle field 1 on my PS?
Message 26 of 42 (1,654 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @D4ng3rousD4ve22,

as mentioned before, the update should start automatically. If it doesn't, you most likely have not gotten enough free space on your hard drive. Please free some space and then try to launch again. You can also go to the game tile on your PSN menu and press the options button, that should allow you to trigger the download manually.

Message 27 of 42 (1,634 Views)

★★★ Newbie
thanks!
Message 28 of 42 (1,602 Views)

★★ Novice
hey
Why would i reinstall the game again 😢 isnt it there another way to download 1.18 update for battlefield 1 game from outside source ?!
Message 29 of 42 (1,560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had this same issue.  The problem was that I had a pending update and not enough free space on my hard drive.  I had to delete Until Dawn. Oh well.

Message 30 of 42 (1,556 Views)