Re: (PS4)Need for speed heat keeps crashing

by Kurd_Ripper

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@theanimaster  To be honest I was hoping that this will not work, but apparenetly... it worked Frown

Woke up, jumped in my competely stripped evo x and finished long night with heat level 5 and 350k farmed without any problems

But this is not solving the problem - driving around with stock lookin car is not something i bought NFS for.

But now when I know for sure that the problem hides in the game itself I will repeat - this needs to be patched asap

Message 91 of 303 (2,576 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah that holds true with all of my crashes as well. 

Message 92 of 303 (2,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

To those who have "fixed" this issue by removing items, can I check what car you were using and what wraps/customisations were removed? Any info you have will help, info on the particular wraps/range of wrps

To those who started seeing this issue after adding a car/customisation, again can I check what changes were made. 

Also, can I check if anyone can confirm they've taken the steps Cade mentions, and if they have been effective? Please don't assume they won't work, active confirmations or denials of the steps effectiveness are very important. @cleenut05 thanks for the confirmation

Thank you for the info shared so far. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 93 of 303 (2,706 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey David, thanks for the reply. I did all of the things mentioned and as soon as I started playing my game crashed again ( I do seem to have it happen only in night mode ). Do you have any update on the issue as in you are working on a patch?

Message 94 of 303 (2,688 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm Cade's steps did not work. I've had crashes both with and without customization's on the car also.

The only thing that has helped like I mentioned In a previous post was uninstalling the game, then re-installing offline and then applying the patch. I'm still getting crashes, but around 80% less.

In another post someone from EA acknowledged these issues are server related but I can't see the logic in that as even playing in solo / offline mode still suffers from crashes.

Message 95 of 303 (2,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi David I’ve uninstalled 4 times and re-downloaded from psn store and recovered data base, It did not help. I even initialise PS4 pro. And lost saved game data. 

here is a questions I’ve been asked from Ea help on Twitter;

When did you notice this issue started happening?

A) 9/11/19

What version of the game are you playing (Trial or Full game)?

A) Full Digital Version 1.02

Did you download the trial?

A) Full digital game download it from psn store on release date 8/11/19

The corruption files is within the game itself. THE MAIN CRASHED I GET WHEN RACING, IN THE MIDDLE OF A RACE TEXTURES AND ENVIRONMENTS DISAPPEAR THAN 10 SECONDS LATER I GET BLUE SCREEN.

I’ve been through hell with NFS Heat since Friday, the game crashing and glitching multiple times every 10-20mins on PS4 pro. This is the first time I’ve experienced this and it doesn’t happen with other games installed.

PS4 suggested me to reinstall. Friday I lost game saved data with grinding to level 13 Rep and started from zero, very disappointing. I’ve deleted app 3-4 times in hopes off fixing errors and glitches, looks like Ghost Games studio developed a fun game but launching un-optimised game. 

All of sudden, I get blue screen while racing on night or day,

these are the bugs/glitches/ black screen I’ve been experiencing on PS4 pro below;

• environments glitch/disappears

• black screen while driving in-game/ still can hear audio

• Leaving main garage gets stuck on loading screen and you have to close application

• Racing in night with 3 heat levels, all of sudden blue screen saying this game is corrupted, deleted and reinstall it.

• You will lose game saved data if you reinstall, you will need to manually save it or back it up on usb stick/ps plus.

• customising vehicles- body parts and tires not appearing and glitches, prevents user to load more items and forces to close app

• playing Solo still glitches and get blue screen

• Game crashes every 10-20mins

• Loading vehicle without custom livery on screen

Message 96 of 303 (2,607 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Even day races makes the game crashes if you heavily modify a car...

Message 97 of 303 (2,640 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Ninja-Knickers 

So those who have digital copy can't do anything?

Message 98 of 303 (2,623 Views)

Community Manager

@Ninja-Knickers I don't believe this is server-related, for the reasons you state. It sounds like in your case something went wrong on the initial install end, and thank you for posting what helped. 

@TakumiFujiwara54 If you start removing some of those mods, do you notice if any in particular have an effect on stability? From your description it sounds like some car/mod combo may be a factor, so if we can narrow in on which one(s) that'll help immensely. 

@Solumious Sorry I don't have any timing/ETAs. You mention taking the steps, just to be clear have you tried the steps of removing customisations that the community have mentioned? There's even some steps earlier reporting that doing it twice can help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 99 of 303 (2,619 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_David No I haven’t. With all due respect, a racing game where you are limited to customization can’t really be called a racing game. I remember seeing adds from you guys about the customization and now we have to reduce that just to be able to play without crashes? There isn’t really an excuse for this to happen with a franchise that has been going on so long.
Message 100 of 303 (2,603 Views)