Re: (PS4)Need for speed heat keeps crashing

by theanimaster

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@TakumiFujiwara54 In some extreme cases you will need to attempt a full race with everything stripped. It will crash. At this point, open the game, load your game, go back to the garage and choose to strip everything again (even though it’s already stripped) and then attempt the race again with everything stripped. If you are able to finish the race, then you can slowly add back those visuals.

I don’t add any wraps/skins at all because of this. I have a nagging feeling that the wraps/skins make it flake out more... so I leave them off altogether — until of course — EA releases that much needed patch.
Message 61 of 303 (2,077 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Update: Ok so yesterday I must of easily had around 30+ crashes, probably more but last night I deleted the game from my PS4 Pro system (but kept my save data) and I reinstalled the game by disc with my PS4 offline - THEN once installed I downloaded and applied the 1.02 update and since doing that I've only had 3 crashes in around 10 hours of playing.

This hasn't fully remedied the issue but It's allowing me to actually enjoy playing.

Hope this helps others!!

Message 62 of 303 (2,201 Views)

★★ Novice

Played NFS heat today again, and guess what? It crashed 4 times today, I read may people say that you have to remove the customization on your car, I mean come wtf! NFS is all about tuning and wrapping your car. You shouldn’t have these * problems. 

I already made 3 wraps, all 3 wraps have the max amount of stickers on to it, because I like to create / recreate drift cars. This is what I love to do in Every nfs game. If I can’t tune my car why tf should I buy nfs? 

Ea seriously fix this damn game, so many people are having this problem, the game is damn good, but these crashes are pissing me off. 

Message 63 of 303 (2,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Here to say this is not only PS4 problem. Game keeps crashing and freezing on every platform. For me personally it's unplayable now on PC. For all of my friends too. And looking on the forum it appears that this issue is hilariously common. And istead of saying "we are working on patch to solve this problem" they either sending us standardized intruction or keeping quiet.

Fun fact: my topic about crashes on PC got hidden moved from general discussin to technical issues. Unlike this one. 

"Imagine not testing the game before releasing it" - made my day. Fix your game or at least tell us something.

Message 64 of 303 (2,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

And to all this customisation talk:

I removed all customisation from my evo x, includinng both wraps and bodypars, and jumpt to night race called "initialization" that crashed before.

Guess what? Game crashed in the middle of the race again.

+2 CrashDumps yay

Message 65 of 303 (2,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@n666maDid you try 2 attempts (at the race) with a completely stripped car? After the first crash, a second one should go through. Let us know and keep us updated! I have yet to crash mine.

I always test it out on the nearest race I can get to. The one nearest to the garage is the best for this as it will crash at the beginning of the race or near the bridge, right before the name of the music track shows up (music track doesn’t get a chance to). Other races take more time for the crash to manifest.

Sharing is caring. As buggy as it is... the least we can do is fix this ourselves until EA does. Read the “fixes” here and build upon them. It’s all trial and error — these are by no means anything official (coz the “official” answer here is to wipe your entire game console — which is BULLS**T).

Message 66 of 303 (2,109 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay so i tried the story event again but this time i bought and drove a completely stock lambo lp 670 to race with. The event was rated 280 and the lp 670 was 294 unlike my 368 rated modified huracan  performante. It seems the glitch may not occur with fresh untouched cars off the dealership. New stock cars with ratings  just above the event requirements might work for some in the Downtown area. Thought i should put this out there just in case it might work for someone else.

Message 67 of 303 (2,096 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@theanimaster Doesn't seem like the wrap editor is the cause because played with my starter car 180sx with a sao sinon wrap and it didn't crash even once. As soon as I bought BMW I8 and made my Artoria wrap tried to play the game it crashed. Ea needs to fix this Asap but they don't even see this as problem like seriously if this game had mtx maybe they would care more.

Message 68 of 303 (2,066 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Cade I don't think this is an issue on my PS4 otherwise it would happen on the other games I have installed, just a matter of patching it and we're good to go. Loving the game though
Message 69 of 303 (2,030 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade wrote:

Hey all,

Could you try the steps below please and let us know in this thread if they help you resolve this issue?

Error CE-34878-0 is a general error indicating that the game you are currently playing has crashed. If you receive a CE-34878-0 error, you will need to restart the game.

If you continue to receive CE-34878-0 errors, it is an indication that something else is wrong, and you should check to ensure your PlayStation 4 system software and the game you are playing are both up to date. Follow these steps to check for updates:

1. Exit to the PlayStation home screen.
  2. Highlight the game you were playing and press the Options button.
  3. Select Check For Update and allow any game updates to install.
  4. After any updates have finished installing, select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  5. Select System Software Update and allow any system updates to install.
  6. Reboot your PlayStation 4.

If you are still receiving CE-34878-0 errors after updating, try the following suggestions:

• If a PS Camera is connected to the system, remove it and reboot the system, then turn off Enable Face Recognition.
    1. From the PlayStation 4 home screen, select Settings.
    2. Select User.
    3. Select Login Settings.
    4. Uncheck Enable Face Recognition.
  • If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) in your console, please re-install the original HDD.
  • If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then:
    2. Select Initialization.
    3. Select Initialize PS4.

Thanks!

@EA_Cade wrote:

Hey all,

Could you try the steps below please and let us know in this thread if they help you resolve this issue?

Error CE-34878-0 is a general error indicating that the game you are currently playing has crashed. If you receive a CE-34878-0 error, you will need to restart the game.

If you continue to receive CE-34878-0 errors, it is an indication that something else is wrong, and you should check to ensure your PlayStation 4 system software and the game you are playing are both up to date. Follow these steps to check for updates:

1. Exit to the PlayStation home screen.
  2. Highlight the game you were playing and press the Options button.
  3. Select Check For Update and allow any game updates to install.
  4. After any updates have finished installing, select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  5. Select System Software Update and allow any system updates to install.
  6. Reboot your PlayStation 4.

If you are still receiving CE-34878-0 errors after updating, try the following suggestions:

• If a PS Camera is connected to the system, remove it and reboot the system, then turn off Enable Face Recognition.
    2. Select User.
    3. Select Login Settings.
    4. Uncheck Enable Face Recognition.
  • If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) in your console, please re-install the original HDD.
  • If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then:
    2. Select Initialization.
    3. Select Initialize PS4.

Thanks!

Dear Cade, thx for your reply but the steps above didn't solve the problem at all. I have tried everything to enjoy the game, but the crash ruined it all. I played 5 new game, and all of them crashed when i'm ready reputation level 10+. The game crash randomly, from just cruising the free roam or when i got in to racing. Please help us to solve this problem.

Message 70 of 303 (2,024 Views)