Original Post

Re: (PS4)Need for speed heat keeps crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Imagine not testing the game before releasing it LOL

Message 21 of 303 (3,906 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I guess I’m not the only one. This is very frustrated, I did the same mistake as someone else, I thought deleting the app on PS4 would save game data via online cloud but I lost level 13 back to zero. Now I’ve had multiple crashes even 2 of the same one provided in the picture.

this NFS heat is fun and has potential but with these issues putting me off.

Message 22 of 303 (3,897 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello guys, PS4 base player here..

I think I found what caused NFS HEAT to crash, at least in my case.

The game will crashed, if I following these steps:

- Customising and playing around with wrap decal editor in garage for 30-45 minutes.

- Jump to free roam (day or night I think doesn't matter)

- Enter the event

- Play for few seconds, and then..

- BOOM! NFS Heat freeze and then crashed.

- Back to PS4 OS menu Frown

In conclusion, spend too much time on wrap editor / modify car in garage could cause memory leak that will trigger the game freeze/crash.

Maybe you want to try replicate these steps above. See if decal wrap editor / body customisation really causing crash on NFS HEAT?

Message 23 of 303 (3,891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@QuocSter86I hate to say it, but i'm on the edge as well. I will shelf the game for now and wanna wait a week for a patch or at least for EA to tell us they are working on the issue.

It's too bad, cause i was really looking forward to this nfs and it's alot of fun. But this issue completely ruins the game and i don't wanna ruin my ps4 with these hard resets.

Message 24 of 303 (3,874 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@thenardo55 Maybe you are on to something.

It could be a coincidence, but yesterday i had 0 crashes while playing several hours and was only playing with the Corvette k.s. edition. And since you can't customize anything on the k.s. edition cars, i didn't spend much time at garages.

Today i bought and customized 2 cars, but only spend like 10-15mins on each. After the first car was done my game crashed about 5 minutes after when i wanted to return to the main menu screen.

So i restarted the game, but went on with my second car, customized it and left the garage. The game crashed in less then 2 minutes.

Also, my game crashed twice in early acces with default cars, not k.s. editions. Both before just finishing a race. But i can't remember what i did before these races.
Message 25 of 303 (3,847 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Every race I get into crashes what is the problem everything is updated and restarted

Message 26 of 303 (3,809 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Try following. Remove all stickers and decals. For me it seems that the problem is solved now Wink

Message 27 of 303 (3,786 Views)

★★★★ Novice

+1 

game keeps crashing every time I get into a race and it’s kinda disappointing that for a game that just came out, the support won’t even give us any information how to fix it, or if it’s going to be fixed 

Message 28 of 303 (3,755 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It’s been happening with me today, crashing and glitching multiple times every 10-20mins in PS4 pro. This is the time first I’ve experienced this and it’s not happened with other games.

Just like you said PS4 suggested me to reinstall. Yesterday I lost saved game data level 13 and started from back zero, very frustrating. 

now I’m reinstating.how come they didn’t test it pre-launch? 

Message 29 of 303 (3,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@thenardo55 I think this might be it. Just having my first crashes and was messing with the Wrap editor.
Message 30 of 303 (3,652 Views)