Re: (PS4)Need for speed heat keeps crashing

by Ninja-Knickers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(PS4)Need for speed heat keeps crashing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I pre-ordered this game and I've had nothing but issues since I've been playing it, I got myself up to rep level 10 it was an ungodly grind due to the fact that I had to keep restarting my game every time I got into a race it would crash,I ended up having to initialize my system losing all of my save data which I assumed would have been saved server-side . Error code (CE-34878-0)I a huge fan of need for speed but the fact that I can't even play the game properly is really irritating.

Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

(Edit: update 1.03 has been released fixing bugs, I will test out the update with things that I know freeze the game and hopefully it's been resolved.... Now all we need is Toyota to come back to NFS, Toyota's response was "be patient" 🤞)

Message 1 of 303 (30,619 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie

After patch it works perfectly. Finally I can put back all my wraps. Salutes to Ghost

View in thread

Message 283 of 303 (15,656 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
@rbv3zina Happens to me as well. Very disappointing...
Message 2 of 303 (30,211 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. I've been playing 2 hours and had 3 crashes which completely froze my PS4 Pro and forced me to do a hard reset.

Seriously, has this game actually been tested?

Message 3 of 303 (30,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Its the same for me to on xbox. Just using the nissan GTR 17 makes my game crash randomly in freeroam or every time in a races. I've not got any futher than 9% before it crashes

Message 4 of 303 (30,117 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mine just crashed twice in 10 mins. On the last crash i couldn't do anything with my ps4 anymore, not even rejecting the disc or a reboot.

I had to unplug my ps4 in order to make it work again.

Message 5 of 303 (30,099 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Jukkies Yeah same issue I'm having.
Message 6 of 303 (30,069 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

Could you try the steps below please and let us know in this thread if they help you resolve this issue?

Error CE-34878-0 is a general error indicating that the game you are currently playing has crashed. If you receive a CE-34878-0 error, you will need to restart the game.

If you continue to receive CE-34878-0 errors, it is an indication that something else is wrong, and you should check to ensure your PlayStation 4 system software and the game you are playing are both up to date. Follow these steps to check for updates:

1. Exit to the PlayStation home screen.
  2. Highlight the game you were playing and press the Options button.
  3. Select Check For Update and allow any game updates to install.
  4. After any updates have finished installing, select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  5. Select System Software Update and allow any system updates to install.
  6. Reboot your PlayStation 4.

If you are still receiving CE-34878-0 errors after updating, try the following suggestions:

• If a PS Camera is connected to the system, remove it and reboot the system, then turn off Enable Face Recognition.
    1. From the PlayStation 4 home screen, select Settings.
    2. Select User.
    3. Select Login Settings.
    4. Uncheck Enable Face Recognition.
  • If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) in your console, please re-install the original HDD.
  • If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then:
    1. From the PlayStation 4 home screen, select Settings.
    2. Select Initialization.
    3. Select Initialize PS4.

Thanks!

EACade
Message 7 of 303 (30,024 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My PS4 crashed twice because of that software, needed to plug out the system because it didn't even reset by pressing and Holding the power button... I hope there will be a hotfix or patch asap. Otherwise great game but not really enjoyable with all that hard freezes. Other games run well including nfs rivals.

Message 8 of 303 (30,021 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The thing is this is ONLY happening with NFS Heat, I can't remember the last time any of my other games crashed once but NFS Heat is crashing every 5 minutes - so I highly doubt It's a problem with my system and It's obviously an issue with the game.

Message 9 of 303 (30,005 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Cade Hi Cade, thanks for answering the topic. I don't wanna be rude, but these default solutions won't fix these crashes.

All my other games are fine. Only Nfs Heat keeps crashing and not with just an error code, but as said it locks up the ps4 completely. Only a patch can solve this issue.
Message 10 of 303 (29,966 Views)