Re: PS4 NFS Heat Error CE-34878

by thicknog

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hi EA Atic, 

I having the same issue with the rest of the player. Will there be any update for this issue ? I have report the issue to playstation.

I really hope you can solve the issue ASAP. I have restart the game for a few time but nothing work for me.

Message 11 of 20 (993 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue here but I haven't even been able to play the game!! I've done everything playstation and EA have advised me to do from initializing my console, restored licenses, deleted and re-downloaded the game, etc. etc. I've had the game a week now and cant play it. Every time it will open and show me the Need for Speed Heat screen, then it will either go strait to error code CE-34878-0 or sometimes it will get 1-2 seconds into the opening credits, and kick me out and give me the error code again. A few times it has locked up my playstation entirely and my screen with flash from a black screen to a checkerboard screen and the only thing I can do is unplug my console. It is only this game, I have downloaded other games from the playstation store and they work fine. Please fix this ASAP EA or I will have to steer away from EA games in the future!! 

Message 12 of 20 (926 Views)

★ Novice

Fix this... NG bug! I pay real money for game-and can't play? Wtf? 

Message 13 of 20 (816 Views)

★★ Novice

Just download the game from the playstation store 2 days ago and haven't made it past the very first race and it throws this code every single time. Ive done everything from initializing the console to even running an external hard drive and it still crashes . This is complete *. I paid good hard earned money for a game I can't even play. Fix this * or give me my money back . 

Message 14 of 20 (769 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Last time an update was posted was November. It's now almost February. What's the deal?
Message 15 of 20 (758 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They have already fixed the issue. Just update your version of NFS:Heat. If the problem still persists, try the solutions posted on the first page. 

Message 16 of 20 (729 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic I've tried everything @theanimaster suggested, alongside resetting my ps4 and initializing it and I have this problem with 0 customisations on any of my cars, it only happens with NFS heat and regardless of the patch still happens, why has this not been fixed yet alongside countless other visual bugs within the game?

Message 17 of 20 (656 Views)

★★ Novice

I've done that about 1000 times. Trust me, I have done

every single type of update, I've reset/initialized my console, switched out hard drives, changed the video settings around, and NOTHING works. The game will still crash out within 5 minutes guaranteed. Just tried to play again today, and it still crashed. 

Message 18 of 20 (649 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I found that it has to do with ps4 model and software. Both the wife and I have ps4 few years apart hers newer. Plays just fine. My ps4 error code every time. Tried all methods mentioned. Belive to be ps4 software compatibility issue.
Message 19 of 20 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

These new reports appear to be a different issue entirely, from what’s been described so far. 

For those still having issues... can you confirm any additional upgrades to your machines (such as internal SSD) and the Playstation model you are using? 

I have both a PS4 (Destiny Fallen King edition) with a 2TB internal SSD and a PS4PRO (Death Standing edition) that is un-modded. I have not experienced any crashes since the patch on either systems, but others here might be able to help replicate and diagnose the issue the more info provided. 

I’ll just mention this for relevance: two years ago I purchased TitanFall2 and it hung everytime I got past the training mission. Turns out it was because I was running the game on an internal SSD. I found the fix was to move it to external hard disk (not SSD) storage, but not before I had wiped my entire system and incurred some hefty internet overage charges because I had to redownload everything — days later Sony releases a patch for the PS4 and it fixed the problem! So the issue was a Sony PS Update that broke the game. 

Both my systems are up to date (as of 5/9/2020). 

I should also mention I use Comcast Xfinity. This should be another thing to rule out when diagnosing problems as some internet providers do not play nice. Comcast for example, was blocking certain ports used by my water softening system — so the system could never connect to its servers to run diagnostics. The company eventually either updated its own servers or Xfinity stopped blocking them.. so it works now. 

It might help to do a search for “un-pnp for game performance on PS4” and follow the recommendations to open up your ports without sacrificing too much security. 

Good luck with getting this to work! 

Message 20 of 20 (549 Views)