Re: PS4 NFS Heat Error CE-34878

by theanimaster

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 NFS Heat Error CE-34878

★★★ Apprentice

I keep getting this error — whenever a race is about start of when a race is in session. Makes me want to just give up and go do something else!! I’ve already reset my PlayStation etc. what gives??

Message 1 of 20 (3,671 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

So I literally spent a whole day whittling it down to customizations. If you customize your car to a certain point, races don’t like it - and even getting to a race will make the game crash.

So, to PREVENT this — do not use any body kit customizations past a certain number. 5-8 is a safe number. Skin/wraps/decals count as one customization.

If you experience a crash, you WILL have to do the following to “initialize” the vehicle in order to use it again:

1.) Remove all customizations — including wheel customization — from your car.

2.) Exit out to the main menu.

3.) Load the game and complete a race. In the beginning levels there’s one just straight ahead from where you exit the garage.

4.) When you get back to your garage, add on no more than 5 visual customizations.

5.) Play the nearest race to test. If it doesn’t crash, you may add another 3.. maybe even 4 —- at the max. Test again.

Add no more than 8 customizations. If your game crashes and you get the ever-irritating CE-34878-0 error, you WILL need to repeat the initialization steps above. Simply removing one or more customizations doesn’t fix the problem once you’ve experienced a crash.

Until EA/Frostbite creates a fix for this.. we need to be counting how many visual upgrades are “safe” for each car.

Fortunately tuning/performance upgrades aren’t affected, as far as I can tell.

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (3,616 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

So I literally spent a whole day whittling it down to customizations. If you customize your car to a certain point, races don’t like it - and even getting to a race will make the game crash.

So, to PREVENT this — do not use any body kit customizations past a certain number. 5-8 is a safe number. Skin/wraps/decals count as one customization.

If you experience a crash, you WILL have to do the following to “initialize” the vehicle in order to use it again:

1.) Remove all customizations — including wheel customization — from your car.

2.) Exit out to the main menu.

3.) Load the game and complete a race. In the beginning levels there’s one just straight ahead from where you exit the garage.

4.) When you get back to your garage, add on no more than 5 visual customizations.

5.) Play the nearest race to test. If it doesn’t crash, you may add another 3.. maybe even 4 —- at the max. Test again.

Add no more than 8 customizations. If your game crashes and you get the ever-irritating CE-34878-0 error, you WILL need to repeat the initialization steps above. Simply removing one or more customizations doesn’t fix the problem once you’ve experienced a crash.

Until EA/Frostbite creates a fix for this.. we need to be counting how many visual upgrades are “safe” for each car.

Fortunately tuning/performance upgrades aren’t affected, as far as I can tell.

Message 2 of 20 (3,617 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @theanimaster  Thanks for the reports and providing information. We’ve collected some data over the weekend which we’re currently analysing, and we hope it helps us find the root cause.

/Atic 

Message 3 of 20 (3,560 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic ??? You havent found the cause? You must have tested the console versions for it to be allowed out for sale, how the hell dont you know it was happening? You must have known for christs sake, were not stupid. Its EA constant lying that makes us all mad. I have a game i payed 60 quid for and it does not work, i will never forgive you for this.
Message 4 of 20 (3,540 Views)

error ce-34878-0 NFS HEAT

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm big fans of NFS since the first one .

And NFS HEAT is amazing so please EA fix this error,  coz its makes me crazy. Disappointed

Message 5 of 20 (3,595 Views)

Re: error ce-34878-0 NFS HEAT

★★ Apprentice
@sbaka They wont fix it...they are claiming its hard drives causing the issue, even though its BS and they know it. thousands have the same error on ps4 and xbox and have returned the game. EA dont care, so just trade the POS back in for something else.
Message 6 of 20 (3,561 Views)

error ce-34878-0 every time trying to complete race Voyager

★ Apprentice

I have received this error 5 times in a row each time I try the race Voyager... Please fix these errors,  I also receive these errors when I make any custom changes to my car and fast travel....

Message 7 of 20 (3,526 Views)

Need for Speed Heat Game Crashing: Error code (CE-34878-0)

★★★★★ Novice

Since its release last week Friday I've been having problems with Need for Speed Heat crashing when I race in certain areas. Online is even worse because I can't even complete an event with other players without getting Error code (CE-34878-0). I've lost about 3 million in Rep today because of this stupid error. You're arguably the largest video game publishers in the world this should not be happening. This game has crashed on me more than 20 times already. I tolerate it because the game is so good otherwise but I'm reaching my breaking point. Please fix this fast. You owe it to your customers for crying out loud.

Message 8 of 20 (3,556 Views)

Re: Need for Speed Heat Game Crashing: Error code (CE-34878-0)

★ Novice

Same here.. The game crushed me out 15 times yesterday when I reach Heat 3 and chasing the cop.. I lost thousands of rp.. Hope this error fix fast.. 

Message 9 of 20 (3,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got this error several times now, lost a lot of REP because of this . Please fix it ......

Message 10 of 20 (3,285 Views)